PEDRA BRANCA IS OURS!!!

Schmi

[nod] Exclusive Economic Zone which stretches from the coastline of Pedra Branca to a distance of 2 nautical miles...

Bottomline is; u can do whatever u wish within this EEZ including the mining of natural resources if any. And of course the right of passage of commercial vessels into Singapore waters and sea ports via this route [thumbsup]

==================

EEZ wil b quite difficult to enforce here cos as u see the MY shoreline is between SG & the rock. That is why SG has said that if they get all the areas claimed, they wil have to discuss with MY & Indo on the boundaries of the exclusion zone cos there wil b areas which overlap.

↡ Advertisement

Always thot EEZ is 200 nau. miles..... maybe i am wrong.

Personally , very happie cos still can go Horsburgh fishing.......tho current there is

terrible...

==================

Many countries adopt a 200 mile exclusion zone now mainly to protect their natural resources but that does not apply here cos we r too close to MY & Indo to have a 200 mile EZ. Also note that the southern tip of Johor on the east side bisects the straight line SG has with the rock.

So u still go there fishing? I stopped many years back cos the place is over fished already. At night the place is like a pasar malam with so many SG boats there. Come a bit late & got no place to park even. [thumbsdown]

Maybe no MY owns the rocks nearby, they restrict all SG boats from fishing there. Only MY boats can go there in future?

(edited)

[nod] Agree...the judgement is just a beginning...both countries still have to work out the operative issues and that's why it is a bit premature to argue over who got the better of the other [flowerface]

I was hoping I could divulge more but just take it from the farmer that there are larger political implications in the securing of Pedra Branca [thumbsup] Whether it will provide any tangible benefits to us (as I noticed this was/is one of the concern of some who opined here) I won't know and I feel that it is a separate issue altogether from this law suit (it is the gahmen's duty to realise that part...not farmer). Gahmen of the day is gahmen of the day...Singapore is Singapore no matter who governs it; good or bad.

Well...take it as though it was like the Malaysia cup in the 70s and early 80s...if Singapore wins the cup; the Sports Council or the like keeps it and it doesn't belong to us - Singaporean individuals (physically speaking)...we still continue to pay tax, inflating fuel price and life goes on...BUT that doesn't undermine the Kallang roar then and the euphoria that Singaporeans got in knowing that we won (whether the goal was scored by Quah Kim Song or Mohd Noor and has nothing to do with me). I'm going in that direction just in case someone disagree bcos he/she thinks that I'm a gahmen supporter again [flowerface]

Edited by Chickenfarm

Hahaha. U sud try open water in South China Sea. [sly]

But the sea is like that. Sometimes is calm like a lake & when got bad weather or storms, [sweatdrop][sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

I've been tru several times when I tot I wud not make it back alive. [sweatdrop]

So far I've been very lucky. [angel]

Hi,

Agreed that the EEZ thinggy cannot be applied in our region.

Also stop going Horsburgh, its overfished, now that place can only hope to hit passing schools of trevallies or red snapps. If unlucky, get ah sengs and dogsharks. Worse still, size 16 sinkers layang the whole day.

Side track a little, just came back from pancing Tanjong Pinang, went 14 hrs straight out from TP, not bad catch, lots of good size (3-5kgs) reds and ang ko lis [flowerface] .

rgrds

I think have the garden better ... no home to sleep can sleep outside ....got home to sleep but locked machiam like prison ....

wah... not bad leh... who's boat??? ah kiang???

i super duper long never go off-shore liao..... time to revive the hobby again

I also now only going TP but there also getting over fished. Last time 3 hours out can get good catch. Now at least 6-8 hours out for the quality fish.

I supposed to go this weekend but The blardy boat caught fire so trip cancelled. [thumbsdown]

My next destination is East MY & Kalimantan. Hoping for a trip soon.

hi,

not ah kiang, ah kiang last time got a tai kong quite good, but since that tai kong left, i didn't follow liao.

now with ah cheah. 4days 3nites. Can only do once or twice annually cos got a new family member [flowerface]

Mid Nov right before monsoon start may have another trip,then season close for the year

rgrds

hi,

now TP either go right at the start of season April or else have to go much further out.

That place is over patronised by trawlers...

East MY, Sarawak? Gd for Jewfish 10-15kgs size during August...

Its only recently then i started to picked up this old hobby of mine.

rgds

wah.. .jewfish 10-15kg sounds fun......should be really fun with a PE2-4 stick..... muahahaha

pls bring me along for fishing!!!!

Bro Pisces69,

Have lah, he got one big boat, can carry 1500L of fuel.

Now till Nov, can only to spinning at breakwaters once in a while.... SAF yacht club at Changi can get chermin and sagai, good fight for a light 8 -14lb rod.

bro dynaway,

that was 7 yrs back, that time no PE rating yet, but think i was using a 30 -50lb calstar rod!!

T Pinang i was using a PE3-6, dun dare to use my PE2-4 cos was using size16s

muahaha....7yrs bac.. wat the heck

i still got a brand new unused custom build japan carbon blank PE2-5 built by Leng Teck for sale......if anyone is interested...

overhead....hypalon grip, full fuji sic guides

got a Shimano Type-J stick as well.... lol

i kindda stop fishing..... lol

↡ Advertisement