PEDRA BRANCA IS OURS!!!

Schmi

Please verify.

Did Singapore sold Christmas Island to Australia?

Yes. It was sold.

There are youtube videos about that island and flats built by the predecessor of HDB - SIT

Edited by Sturtles
  • Praise 3

Same thoughts. GE akan datang?

It's likely Najib is shoring up his popularity ratings.

Unveils generous 2017 annual budget. Dated Oct 2016. So early unveil budget. LoL...

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asiapacific/malaysia-pm-unveils-generous-budget-as-elections-loom/3224960.html

Giving support to ethnic group Rohingya. I have to Google to find out what is Rohingya. Dated Dec 2016

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asiapacific/enough-is-enough-on-rohingya-issue-najib-to-suu-kyi/3340770.html

This Rohingya issue has been around for a long time. Najib suddenly come from nowhere to show "support". Maybe he will give them IC and send them to the polls like last time. A sudden blackout or blackouts will make things even "smoother" maybe.

SIngapore has conviently been M'sia political target board for many years especially nearing GE. In the past Dr. M used to ridicule us using the "sell and buy back clean water" often playing like a broken record of how cheap they sell the water to us and how expensive it is to buy the water back. ven M'sians themselves find it annoying it's repeated nearing GE.

• Praise 1

As quoted by a section of this article

"The Singapore government did receive payment for this transfer: an ex-gratia payment of $20 million from the British government, “for the loss of royalties on the island’s phosphate”. Did it go into anyone’s pocket? Nope, it was reported in a 19 March 1959 news article that the $20 million revenue from the Christmas Island transfer led to a $5 million budget surplus in 1958."

Very interesting read this Christmas island. Good place to set up zhi char stall . . . ample supply of crabs, don't have to catch . . . they come running to you [laugh]

Sounds like a nice plan but 1 question - the crabs there edible arnot? [laugh]
  • Praise 3

As quoted by a section of this article

"The Singapore government did receive payment for this transfer: an ex-gratia payment of $20 million from the British government, “for the loss of royalties on the island’s phosphate”. Did it go into anyone’s pocket? Nope, it was reported in a 19 March 1959 news article that the $20 million revenue from the Christmas Island transfer led to a $5 million budget surplus in 1958."

the ''right'' to administer the phosphate trade.. is different from sovereignty ...  

think of it as a selling of controlling rights.. which belonged to us..  but island belonged to the british  

• Praise 2

the ''right'' to administer the phosphate trade.. is different from sovereignty ...  

think of it as a selling of controlling rights.. which belonged to us..  but island belonged to the british  

My bad.

Christmas Island was "transferred' under Lim Yew Hock's government and somehow, cash was given to us. 

Sounds legit... Ah Jib selling out with China in the background.

This is a pretty worrying proposition if true.

Can't rule out a backer's hand behind the recent moves to stir us up.

I am rather certain the next sovereign issue to crop up will be airspace.

The pond has been placid for too long.

Watch this post. 

Regardless, Singaporeans will come out stronger as one. 

Edited by Sturtles

Sounds like a nice plan but 1 question - the crabs there edible arnot? [laugh]

those crabs are poisonous! The only creature that eats them are the crazy ants....thats why they are crazy...

actually .. they are not.. the meat is non-existent (mainly water) .. thats why no one eats them ..

ah...i see...from what i know some crabs can be poisonous especially those that lives on land! Thanks for the info.....if not wrong these crabs eat coconuts!

ah...i see...from what i know some crabs can be poisonous especially those that lives on land! Thanks for the info.....if not wrong these crabs eat coconuts!

5902980-3x2-940x627.jpg

coconut crab is the bigger one... 

christmas island red crabs are the ones that scavenge the forest floors... 

think even the coconut crab also not eaten... that one iirc is becoz meat is poisonous 

Edited by SuPerBoRed

5902980-3x2-940x627.jpg

coconut crab is the bigger one...

christmas island red crabs are the ones that scavenge the forest floors...

think even the coconut crab also not eaten... that one iirc is becoz meat is poisonous

i was actually referring to the coconut crabs...didnt know we were talking about a different crabs!
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2