Comfortable Coilovers for Street Use

Tanabe Sustec Pro. I'm using Pro 7. Can try their Pro 5 or more comfort biased coilovers.

Pro 7 with TEAS allow easy adjustments on the fly - from comfort to hard, in real time according to speed.

IMG_1432.jpg

IMG_1428.jpg

IMG_1446.jpg

↡ Advertisement

Sis, I like to know.

Currently my rear suspension sagged a bit when I have passengers sitting behind. No problems with going through humps or even driving. Just that I see already not happy lah. [laugh]

Was considering coilovers but my concern is coilover will bring my ride even lower so my rear passengers might even pressure the coilover to hit the wheels while on driving or going through humps. Secondly, whether coilover will bring the level of comfort back as the same as stock springs and shock absorbers. [wave]

Was also considering whether I should add spring stiffeners or power cushions (as they call it) to my springs to stiffen the springs so that the suspension will not sag. [idea]

Third option is that rear suspension sag probably because my rear shock absorbers got already. My CS 3 only 50k mileage. So I change the rear shock absorbers? [confused]

smaller jap cars is liddat la.

even fairly big jap cars like camry also sag quite a fair bit. depends on whether the suspension is comfort or handling-biased [:p]

if u always carry passengers, then i'd suggest u get the spring stiffener. not too ex and suits ur needs.

coilover will just make it more uncomfortable. but the stiffness can be cranked up. i ever carried huge loads (think many many cartons of mineral water, equivalent to loading up 7 or 8 pple) in my getz on BC coils. no bottoming out, everything sui sui.

my boss's camry on the other hand scrapped the crest of the slope at hortpark, which mine cleared easily. her car is stock, mine is lowered. of course cannot compare directly since camry ground clearance sux big time anyway [laugh]

Wah, you gave me a selection headache, coilover or spring stiffener?

I understand that stock springs v long lasting. Don't want to waste it. Continue to use if can use.

We are in global recession. Save up some money for rainy days ahead.

u want handling or comfort? or simply prevent springs from bottoming out?

if u just want handling, go for coilover. if there's any other factor which is more important than handling (comfort, cost etc), don't go coilover.

stiffener will suffice IMHO. [nod]

Of course, I don't want to bottom out. I am not sure of my expectations about handling but comfort must be a bit there cos I fetch people quite frequently. Wait they [smash][smash][smash] me. [sweatdrop]

that's why i suggest spring stiffener in an earlier post. lowering spring is definite NO.

u can go n try out other pple's ride with less hiong coilovers, but chances are u will prefer stock suspension, comfort-wise.

perhaps another thing u can do is to change your shocks to kayaba, combined with spring stiffener. i heard KYB shocks are stiffer (better handling) and thus shd satisfy the sporty side of u, while providing decent comfort and help avoid bottoming out

stockist for kayaba is at veerasamy road [;)]

stock shocks can keep as spare or even sell off if they are still quite new.

Just wanna ask a noob question here...

Coilovers sold come in a pair? Or for all 4 sides?

I think they come in 2 pairs, 1 pair for front, 1 pair for rear.

Correct me if I am wrong. [thumbsup]

that's why i suggest spring stiffener in an earlier post. lowering spring is definite NO.

u can go n try out other pple's ride with less hiong coilovers, but chances are u will prefer stock suspension, comfort-wise.

perhaps another thing u can do is to change your shocks to kayaba, combined with spring stiffener. i heard KYB shocks are stiffer (better handling) and thus shd satisfy the sporty side of u, while providing decent comfort and help avoid bottoming out

stockist for kayaba is at veerasamy road [;)]

stock shocks can keep as spare or even sell off if they are still quite new.

Thanks for your advice.

Will check out the shocks when they wear out one day. [thumbsup][wave]

Neutral Newbie

I think they come in 2 pairs, 1 pair for front, 1 pair for rear.

Correct me if I am wrong. [thumbsup]

Thanks! I got a little confused when I saw a box that could only contain about a pair. So was thinking that it could be quite expensive since they quote usually 1k+ for coilovers, and I had to fork out 2k for the entire car! LoL!

not really true...a set of mistached springs and shocks will give a more uncomfrtable ride than a set of proper coilovers...that i can testify...

↡ Advertisement