Data Recovery for Laptop

Sabian

Turbocharged

Does anyone have contacts for data recovery?

Went to Sim Lim and kenna scared off when 3 different shops have conflicting diagnosis (some say virus, some say HDD spoil and another one say the password mgr corrupted...) and quoted some unbelievable fees up to $400.

I am IT noob but not noob until like that.

Not worried abt privacy stuff as the lappy is used to do word processing and generate letters.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

of all places, u go simlim.... [sweatdrop] but hor, if not simlim, where leh?? ..maybe try funan..more pro i think... [sly]

Neutral Newbie

just to tag on the thread, any recommendations for data recovery software? Do they actually work?

My portable Hdd nv crashed, but data a bit corrupted.

pm me for more details on the data recovery... noe of someone in sls who noe the person for recovering data...

That time somebody say use Linux bootup CD and then read the harddisk ... and was able to recover the data.

Maybe you want try .... [nod][nod]

Went to Sim Lim and kenna scared off when 3 different shops have conflicting diagnosis (some say virus, some say HDD spoil and another one say the password mgr corrupted...) and quoted some unbelievable fees up to $400.

Not worried abt privacy stuff as the lappy is used to do word processing and generate letters.

all shops try to con you one way or another.... they know you are noob and you are not able to ask to correct question to shoot them down

Turbocharged

That's the thing...

like gg to a car wkshop and asking my car got problem or not? [laugh]

The reply will sound as if the car kenna 2nd stage cancer.

Turbocharged
just to tag on the thread, any recommendations for data recovery software? Do they actually work?

My portable Hdd nv crashed, but data a bit corrupted.

can try Ontrack Easy Recovery .... [:p]

i did data recovery for some of my fren, maybe u wanna to state wat is the problem???

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

The last time I check, CBL Data Recovery charges from $800 upwards.

Was quoted >$2000 for my 40G harddisk [hur][hur] no wonder its C B L [lipsrsealed]

The shops at Sim Lim Square quoted about $300, but after checking my HDD, all (actually only 3 shops lah ) say they can't do anything.

Edited by Fondue

Turbocharged

cannot get pass the password logon after booting up.

it keeps returning to the logon screen after u key in the pw.

一分钱一分货,there are only a few professional data recovery hse in Singapore... most HDD crashed, data can be recovered, but cost is high, require clean room setup.... even needle scratched or runover by car also can recover one... a few K is the mkt rate...

those in Sim Lim square cannot be considered professional... i do not think they have a clean room to do it rite。。in fact expect more damage and they will claim its not repairable...

Turbocharged

CBL huh? [laugh]

I think they shd hv a separate rate for both corp and consumer. Data to corporate is more valuable.

My data I want to retrieve but if not, then so be it. It's not like life and death or some really crucial data.

Turbocharged

ok

maybe I make it clear, i do not need the cleanroom type. No need to go operating table.

in fact one of the SLS shp i went to plug the lappy HDD to a cable and claims he can retrieve the data but when he started rambling on abt +++ charges here and there. I just gave $30 and tell him need to rethink.

I think it's more of a software problem or virus.

returning to logon screen? nv heard of this prob b4 leh, could be virus.

Actually ur prob is simple, 2 options for u...

1) Go SLS or Funan, buy IDE to USB cable if ur HDD is IDE interface, or IDE to SATA cable if ur HDD is SATA interface. Remove ur HDD from ur laptop (Dun worry, wont explode de.), connect the HDD to the cable and plug it into another PC's usb port. It will detect as a External storage device, from there u can extract out ur data liao...

2) Download a Linux LiveCD, burn it and boot it from ur laptop. Connect a USB thumbdrive or USB HDD to ur laptop, once u boot into Linux, u can copy data song song gao jurong liao... [:)]

↡ Advertisement