Steering vibrate when apply brake at high speed

Jupitery

Glad that all is well now...Anyway 2 good pieces of advices u have shared with the people here..

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged
(edited)

uneven tightening of the wheel lug nuts can also cause warping

Edited by Eyke

I am not sure if every time change brake pads must skim the disc or not..what i hear is that the rotors can be skimmed only 2 times...cos skimming is very "Siong" to the rotors and if you skim more than 2 times, the integrity of the rotors will not be there...

any experts can advice or this issue?

Supercharged

skim is to remove material therefore rotors get thinner and closer to end of usability.

ya lor. even thru normal usage alone the rotors will get thinner and will have to be replaced eventually.

Neutral Newbie
Dear pal, txs for all your advise, i have got the rotor/disc skim yesterday at Kian Teong. Cost me $70 and whole process took less than 1 hr. Steering wheel no more vibrate liao. [:)]

According to the person at Kian Teong, 2 possibility that could cause the Disc 'wrap'

1) As i have recently change brake pads, the new pads may not 'sit in well' onto disc as the disc may have acustom to the old pads. Thus, it's advisable to skim disc whenever you change pads.

2) Never never wash the wheel when the disc is in hot condition. When water quickly cold down the disc, the contraction on the disc may cause wrap. Thus, allow the car to cool down before washing wheel. If you alway send car to wash at petrol kiosk, advisable to allow car to cool down before sending it for a wash.

[nod]

can pm me the address of kian teong? i oso have this problem..

Neutral Newbie

Kian Teong Auto is at Sin Ming Autocare Lvl 1 unit 01-08.

The place is near LTA office at sin ming.

they have a website...u can do a search for it.