Confirmed - Borneo's Wish Made in Thailand - Will You Still Buy?

Jolie888

Wish 2L can't fight with Stream and PI Wish. By bringing 1.8L Wish, BM hopes to compete KM's Stream. KM's Stream is selling like hot cakes, there is no way BM is going to sit there and watch KM capture the market share.

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

If you go research enough on the 'old' 1ZZ-FE engine, you will find many virtues in its intricate (engineering) design. So much so that even Lotus was attracted to it, when it looked for a replacement light-engine with a relatively high specific power.

VTEC has its limits too (mostly torque related, or the lack thereof).

Anyway, I'd stop short here. OT.

This thread is not about Wish vs other makes.

It is about Thai Wish vs Japan Wish.

End of OT.

Edited by W210k

I guess most forummers are like us with 3 or more cars, no need to worry about any car spending time in the workshop, yeah?

I drive Toyota Camry, my wife BMW 320 and my dad Honda Airwave.

Oh yeah, I got a spare Ferrari Mondeo somewhere. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

(edited)

I guess most forummers are like us with 3 or more cars, no need to worry about any car spending time in the workshop, yeah?

I drive Toyota Camry, my wife BMW 320 and my dad Honda Airwave.

Why include 3-generation family in your car count?

Keep it within your own cluster family. Otherwise, where will it end? Uncle, Aunty, Grandfather, Cousin, Step-Sister .... ??? [laugh]

Edited by W210k

Supercharged
I think for me, I'd still go for a Japan (JDM) Wish, in spite of it being PI. There are so many on SG roads already, so after sales spare parts will not be an issue.

A Tomyam Wish? ..... eerrr I beg to differ, but no thanks.

nothing wrong with Thai made car what.....I am sure they follow Toyota's QC standard...

Anyway, you guys are going to drive it for a few years and then sell. It's not like you are going to keep the car for 20 -30 years like the Ikea chairman....so why you worry where it comes from?

But BM better give a good response as to why it is selling more expensive than the Japan ones...

Just let W210k buy the JDM Wish from PI, many forummers here know better.

He got no budget one yet he choose Wish and not Stream, so no comments liao.

Yucks! Made in Thailand [shakehead] ... at an even higher price than JDM Wish?!!!

I was contemplating on an OPC Wish but had decided to hold on purchasing from PIs, since I got wind that BM is going to bring the "same" model in.

AFAIAC, the decision is very clear for me now.

I'd go straight to the PIs to get my JDM Wish.

Others may say what they like about global branding / similar QC standards, yaddah, yaddah .....

But for me, there is no two-ways about it, with regards to the country-of-manufacture of the car (or for that matter, anything else) that I am buying.

Correction...Not Made in Thailand...Assembled in Thailand...parts are the same lar... [nod]

Quality is also not as bad as you think... [nod]

W210k....."cannot be, cannot be.....I just bought a made in in EU CD(could damn well be Slovenia, Romania, Estonia, Latvia, Eastern Europe countries which most of my engineering clients specifically put a restriction on) instead of made in Malaysia" and he is sooooooo happy. He forgot that CDS do not need to go for servicing every 10K and get major servicing at major milestones and have reliable workshop facilities specially catered for that brand of cars.

But I guess it's just him. PI Wish for him.

(edited)

Errrm W210K can buy his PI Wish from Richburg and get his car serviced in Borneo workshop right?

I don't see what the problem is with PI Wish, when there are so many on SG roads already.

If there was indeed a problem, would Singaporeans buy so many PI Wishes?

Other than Richburg, there are other PIs like Ricardo, who deal only with Toyotas and have their own dedicated workshop and service team.

Personally, I think reputed PIs are the way to go and they provide the competitive edge too for Borneo and Kah.

Otherwise, these companies will also end up like certain other conti ADs that mark up margins so high that it becomes ridiculous.

So I say then, let W210K buy his PI Wish as only he sees fit what he wishes to add to his own car stable ... in addition to his BMW and Audi.

p.s. There is no reason why it has to be a Honda Stream for W210K, because that is really YOUR preference and YOUR perception that it is a better MPV, but definitely not his!

To each his own, I say!

Edited by Astrid

(edited)

You are absolutely right Astrid.

I started the thread to compare and discuss between the Thai Wish that BM is bringing in and the JDM Wish that PIs carry.

Testa_ross4 is O/B I think, in trying to influence another forumer to buy the Honda Stream, instead of the Wish.

I kindly request all to restrain from name-calling as it reflects on your level of maturity.

Let's move on to disscuss further why BM is justified/not justified to sell the Thai Wish at a higher price than a Japan Wish.

Edited by Jolie888

Neutral Newbie

actually for (reliable) Toyotas, i don't think the aftersales is a big problem.

my JDM Wish has not given me any problem in my 2+ years of ownership [thumbsup][laugh]

Yes to each his own, but making the correct decision is important, and just basing the buying decision on one factor ie. on "country of origin" alone, without other consderations, does not seem very wise to me.

BTW Richburg, Ricardo cars also not cheap and will negate the point by some forummers saying that if they get the car cheaper from PI it should cover warranty issues, if any should arise. Price wise almost just like getting from AD. So it is not as straight forward as you think.

Anyway, I do agree that he should get the Wish old non-dual VVTi and not considering the Stream VTEC powered, as that is just my "uneducated" preference. [laugh][laugh][laugh]