Audi A3 Sportback

Vicz

Neutral Newbie

Actually Audi as a global brand had literally run circles around its other german friends. Its global sales has bettered itself and its rivals by a huge margin - You notice today that a huge chunk of 3 series yuppie buyers have flocked to the A4 - and many E Class driving uncles are now driving A6.

So, I don't think they need to lower their prices to attract a "lesser" crowd (in marketing speak).

↡ Advertisement

Yes, that's true. personally I like their cars a lot and that's why will consider buying a resale one also...however, buying from PA isn't still an attractive prospect for me..I dun think I wanna be paying over the odds for it..their mark up can be like 30-40% higher than their other premium rivals..its not as if BMW are producing cars that are considerably inferior than theirs...if PA mark up just few grand higher, I might still consider their offering over BMW..but not at wat they are currently selling..true, their business won't be compromised by selling at current level, but I dun think I wanna be one of those contributing to their turnover..anyone else dun mind paying much higher premium to PA can by all means go ahead..

If you check the actual number of Audi registered vs that of BMW or Merc, the numbers are still far behind. In Germany, there are a lot of Audis yes, not in Singapore, at least not yet.

I do agree that one see more of A4 and A6 recently, that is also because they have priced some of the entry level A4 and A6 sanely, that is why people bite.

Audi sells more in europe because it is cheaper than BMW and Merc.

BMW is the more desirable car in europe actually.

yes audi are really out to promote more brand awareness.

the new A4 is really a good looking car and build quality is outstanding.....

i hear premium's aftersales service is quite good too.

just not too sure of it's reliable enough and because of "inadequate" image, resale value is poor too.

personally i really like the TT coupe and Q7 SUV.....the future Q5 looks hot too.

i think audi will be the choice of a person who wants luxury and exclusivity.

For BMW, you have to drive it to appreciate it. For example, the new 520 also running on the same 2L block, it drives fine. I mean, it is not the most powerful car in this class but it is adequate for many people. The 118 is the entry level for many people into BMW ownership experience.

Agreed; but i was just referring the TS to vagsg on some threads between the A3 and the 118i.

Between the 2; i'd take the A3. No BMWs for me unless they come with in-line 6 engines.

And this coming from a die-hard beemer fan.

I would present you the argument that no Audi unless there is quattro !!

Is that fair? haha

actually the in-line 6 engine alr considered higher range..and you pay a lot more for it, isn't it?

I dun understand why BMW would considered to be inferior compared to other rival luxury brands of similar vehicle class when it comes to their inline 4..I read a couple of UK reviews and the BMW 118 is rated a better car than the A3 despite it having no in-line 4 engine..

Neutral Newbie

in fact if u compare to passat cc, an a3 is essentially the same thing but if i'm not wrong, the cc has better looks and better selling point. i still cannot bear with the selling price of an audi. [hur]

Neutral Newbie
116? Is that a 1.6 litre engine? Didn't BMW has such an engine.

not available in sillypor bcos premium motor don't believ in this level, they want to position bimmer only as a higher level premium product here.... after 316 disappear, sori, this level no long exists here. talk about it, would u think that a person who buys a bimmer would want to settle for a 1.6l at more than 100k? there might be but i think its really few, its not a lucrative biz lah bro.

I would present you the argument that no Audi unless there is quattro !!

Is that fair? haha

Of course its fair!

Haha i didn't say don't buy a quattro-less Audi or a I6-less BMW but its just a matter of preference.

↡ Advertisement