Audi A3 Sportback

Vicz

I was at the new showroon last weekend. Car price offered to me was $110k and never negotiated for anything extra yet. Considering the OMV is $28.5k, is this a good deal?

↡ Advertisement

becareful of audi's OMV... up front tell you 28.5k ... actually, i dont know how low it can go. Many industry watchers think audi managed to get it this low because they are following what PI did in order to lower OMV and increase their profit margin, though no evidence to support it yet.

anyway, A3 is indeed a more attractive car than the 118i in every aspect but driving experience.

U can do your calculations and see for yourself.

eg 110K - {OMV + ImportTax(100% of OMV) + COE + registration fees + misc fees} = sales profit.

If they offer u 1 year road tax & insurance just minus accordingly. U will still see an approx figure of 35k~38k profit for dealer.

The higher the range of your car the bigger number u will see. But for European cars in sg u pay more(a lot more) compared to the likes of Japanese cars.

Buy car in sg IMO there's no such thing as a good deal. What u should do is try to get the most out of it.

Hi, you shld make certain the exact value of the OMV first...the OMV of this car have been around 28-29K for quite sometime...but sometimes when there is a sudden significant drop in the car selling price, it usually is so becos the dealer want to increase sales volume and yet not compromise too much on their margin and they manage to do so by removing certain features on the car so as to bring down the OMV...

Personally I feel Premium Automobile's margin is usually quite a bit higher than most makes. 110K on 28.5K OMV was a lot better than wat they previously doing but still a wee bit high in my opinion.

I wouldn't say extremely difficult, but it only makes more sense for those cars which the distributor charges high premium for like Audi and BMW. Normal Japan cars, with all the OMV play, better leave it to PIs. laugh.gif

Another good case will be 2nd hand premium cars which can still be imported and be PARF eligible.

I have done some research on self import not long ago..its not impossible but requires herculean effort in getting those tons and tons of paperwork done..

I don't mean to sound over-bearing, but from what i see, those papers can be easily furnished by dealers overseas who have some inkling of car export. Unless yours is the first model that Singapore sees. sweatdrop.gif

And it's those dealers who don't export at all that's the problem, meaning u are the first such customer for him. But then what's the chance you will actually select such a dealer? I would say dealer connects are crucial.

Its not just those papers that are easily obtained from overseas dealers..it involves a lot of filing for other documents...lots of procedures...very time consuming and lots of efforts...if you are really tied up in your day to day work, dun think you will want to make a conscientious effort to do it...but of cos, at end of the day, can say the savings is quite worth the effect... [:)]

Any bros here who have gone thru such an experience, pls do share with us if dun mind.. [sly]

↡ Advertisement