Pricey Service Package by AD

Ahdi

Neutral Newbie

"Guarantee your warranty" seems very familiar, to remind new ars owner to send their car back to agent for servicing so the warranty will be honoured. However, i feel that the price of agent authorised workshop, aauthorised dealer is getting more and more expensive, not sure about Pi authorised workshop though.

Come let me start the ball rolling, sharing the approximate price.

Toyota Vios - 10K regular servicing package by BM - $190+

Toyota Vios - 20K regular servicing package (Engine oil, oil filter, air filter and all necessary checks) plus rotating of tyre by BM - $330+

Mercedes E240 - 10k regular servicing (8L engine oil) + change of brake fluid + oil fuel additives by CnC $900+

Hona Stream - 1k First Servicing synthetic il, oil filter, necessary checks by KM $140+

I personally think that BM n CnC is rather expensive. Come lets share ur views.

↡ Advertisement

Even the cheapest sevicing package from AD can buy me 8 quarts of redline + 2 oil filter + some money to buy chicken rice and kopi O [laugh]

BM - Altis

1k = S$20 plus (mineral oil)

5K = free (brought own syn oil)

10K = dunno yet, but willl bring own lighter syn oil

Lancer - C&C

1k = $58.85

5k = $58.85

10k = Not sure yet, probably not going. tongue.gif

Not only expensive, but very inflexible as cannot bring your prefered engine oil mad.gif Actually I don't mind servicing at C&C despite the higher costs, but their inflexibility on the engine oil policy make me decided to service outside.

Nissan

1k free

10k free

20k free

30k free

40k free

50k free

60k $349

70k $180

80k $422

90k $180

Package 60k to 90k $998 including gst & parts.

(edited)

just got my car bk from MM 40k servicing~

total dmg $500+:

- 4l of shell synthetic w40 ($90+)

- new fuel filter ($40+)

- new air filter ($40+)

- coolant ($40+)

- brake fluid ($10+)

40k package ($240+)

- tyre rotation + balancing (front)

- 40 pts checks

this one is amazing:

- packing ($0.70) !??!?!?! not sure what it refers to, but I see the air filter packaging box w 2 pieces of my used filter inside, on my passenger seat

Edited by Beachboys

this thread is for discussion purpose, as such, I'm moving it to maintenance folder instead (from tips and resources folder).

Can simply go to comfort delgro and request the same checklist for Toyota servicing for a fraction of their price.

BM very jialat, first 3 free servicings still must pay. Tan Chong better.. free means free... my 2.5 yrs free servicing includes free wipers thrown in a couple of times as well.. nice gesture..

A colleague's Mazda 3 which is religiously serviced by Mazda Motors got a replacement pair of new headlights after one of them fogged up despite being past warranty.

I think that one replacement more than makes up for the cost of servicing at AD over the years.

Its really about whether you want up front savings or the peace of mind.

Nissan

1k free

10k free

20k free

30k free

40k free

50k free

60k $349

70k $180

80k $422

90k $180

Package 60k to 90k $998 including gst & parts.

took up the package same as u.. think after 90K can sell off car liao.. just nice breakeven.. [laugh]

(edited)

I just signed up for the package yesterday only. So we are protected for inflation for the next 4 servicing.

But I cant afford to sell my car after 90k which I expect to reach by 32nd month. I have intention to use till scrap. Otherwise I would not have serviced my car religiously.

Edited by Dumb

Turbocharged

was informed by my sis of de ridiculous service package by alpine motors(chevrolet).her spark was due for 10k servicing.jus change EO n oil filter.de package was $160!!so i told her to tell them dat she will bring her own EO.so they jus charge her for labour.n guess wat....they said bring own EO also $160!i was like... WTF?!!?really wanna chop ppl.so she decided to screw de warranty.

You got no choice but to let them service the car till end of warranty period. Otherwise any major defects will be voided.

Neutral Newbie

Not true. U can storm it, write in to the management or email media and cc to the director of the AD. I believe they will immediately ask you go to service yr car + FOC.

hmmm.. u intend to go back there for servicing after 90K??

i signed up for the extended warranty also.. hopefully something spoil then can get it replaced.. [lipsrsealed]

↡ Advertisement