Rejected by insurance company

Stdfrank

I am very sad that AIG rejected my policy due to accident claim. No one wants to be involved in any accident (i had one in Feb this year, no personal injury, liability is likely 50-50, my repair amoumt is about 5k-6k), but when you had one, insurrance company simply abondon you and forget about the days of happily collecting premium from you. I had other 3 policies with them (each year they collect almost 8k from me), thinking of cancelling them all.

So now, i have to look for alternative insurer, any bro can give some advise? will AIG's rejection affect my new insurrance plan? do i have to tell them about the rejection? any insurer to recommend?

really apreciate your advise.

↡ Advertisement

Same experience here bro.

Totaled my last car. Repair is $30+k, so write-off. No injury. 50-50 liability. China Insurance, my insurance company for the totaled car, refused to insure me for my new car. Looked for others. No a single one wanted to insure me, zero, zilch, EXCEPT one. It's AXA.

My premium now is $4700 per year with 0% NCB, haha.

Since no other company even wants to insure me, I have no choice but to take it.

only 5-6K already so jialat??? nowadays, my colleague involved in a minor accident (Altis vs Vios) she is at wrong so 100% liability. total repair cost, legal fees for both cars more tha 15K (both repair at BM). insurance increase close to 4K from less than 1K originally..... your case of <10K shld be peanut case only mah...

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Why not transfer ownership to a family member? Then eventually insured under his/her name, you as an authorised driver. I wonder will that work?

Edited by Sunnyboy

I wonder will this method work? I though the insurance covers the car no matter who drives it. Any bro has experience to transfer insurance ownership to family member(driver) ?

If 50-50, would it also mean the other party's insurance company also would refuse to insure them? If all accident mean that insurance companies refuse to insure henceforth or if premium way too high (eg. 10K -15K) and thedriver cannot afford - does this mean that with all the thousands of accidents a year - there are going to be fewer and fewer drivers? Does not make sense leh...

wat kind car u driving premium so high? ur all-in cost of car ownership is damn high [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop]

Same experience here bro.

Totaled my last car. Repair is $30+k, so write-off. No injury. 50-50 liability. China Insurance, my insurance company for the totaled car, refused to insure me for my new car. Looked for others. No a single one wanted to insure me, zero, zilch, EXCEPT one. It's AXA.

My premium now is $4700 per year with 0% NCB, haha.

Since no other company even wants to insure me, I have no choice but to take it.

The other party is taxi.

I dunno about other cases, but that's exactly what I faced when I tried to get insurance for my current car. Only one company in Singapore was willing to offer me a policy. It's either I take it, or I can't drive.

Not much choice there.

That's the thing.

If I didn't get into the accident on my previous car, the typical premium for my current car with my age is only $1k+. Claim one total loss, premium increase by 300%.

I am very sad that AIG rejected my policy due to accident claim. No one wants to be involved in any accident (i had one in Feb this year, no personal injury, liability is likely 50-50, my repair amoumt is about 5k-6k), but when you had one, insurrance company simply abondon you and forget about the days of happily collecting premium from you. I had other 3 policies with them (each year they collect almost 8k from me), thinking of cancelling them all.

So now, i have to look for alternative insurer, any bro can give some advise? will AIG's rejection affect my new insurrance plan? do i have to tell them about the rejection? any insurer to recommend?

really apreciate your advise.

i same situation as u... after 1 accident... they rejected me. i'm stuck with NTUC... :(

I wonder will this method work? I though the insurance covers the car no matter who drives it. Any bro has experience to transfer insurance ownership to family member(driver) ?

the excess will be different mah

↡ Advertisement