Making ERP more effective

Ahyoo2002

I guess u echo the sentiments of many SGreans.

Pay to get stuck, instead of pay to travel non-congested roads. Pride and ego at work

They r still experimenting the price sensitivity of sporean driver. Confirm will up ERP pricing again looking at the current jam. ERP will only effective if the price is so ex tat ppl dun dare to drive their car or think twice or thrice before driving.

In the end who benefits? The drivers who can afford the high price of the ERP or the dept collecting the big money? [thumbsdown]

↡ Advertisement

I would suggest a staggered working timing for CBD area.Alternate level start work at different timing.Or different area in CBD start work at different timing.This can regulate the flow of traffic into CBD area.Rather than all start at the same time,all jam the road at the same time.At the company POV,this might not be economy-efficient,but that's might be the only way to satisfy your employee as it's fustrating to get stuck in a jam.Work perf confirm will be much or less get affect.with stagger timing,building lifts also wouldn't be that packed.this also help to save the environment as stuck in jams = wasting precious resources.To be fair to those start work at the 9.00 to 9.30,maybe ERP rate should be fixed at $1.00 .To prevent ppl working in CBD area to drive out for lunch,implement ERP for those driving.I guess this is a win win situation.Those working in CBD area,pls don't flame me.Rather,give constructive suggestion to the current problem.

(edited)
erp can never be effective if car population is allowed to continue to grow. it also just pushed the drivers to other roads, thus jamming up those roads. the most effective way to improve traffic is 1. improve public transport dramatically, 2. reduce the car population instead of allowing it to grow.

The only quick fix with immediate result is to raise the barrier of entry if they are really keen in curbing car ownership and not trying to please selected groups. If a Altis is selling at 100K now, it will really settle the issue of WANT verus NEED. Alternatively, can only buy car with full cash then see how many new cars can be pushed to the streets. Save everyone money and troubles to erect and manage the gantries. It also addresses the issue of people changing car frequently and contribute to wastage, smog and what have you.

Regards,

Edited by Kelpie