Audi S5

Edison

Neutral Newbie

Hi all, Audi has just launched one of their most exicting cars to date over the weekend, the S5. What do you guys think of the car and anyone has any experience with it? Feel free to comment. Btw, the price is at $245K.. seems like a pretty good deal? It can almost be compared to the BMW 650i which is at about $80k more

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

4.2 L V8 + quattro

can't go wrong man...

i saw one at the hilton saturday nite, red colour. Could be an A5 though.

I'd take an S5 over 335i anytime... Nothing beats a big smooth V8.

Edited by Viceroymenthol

Neutral Newbie

335i from PML is at $240k, PI model no i-drive i think can get at $208K, 630i is at $270K....Alot of people are selling their 6 series, i think they either changing to S5 or the Maserati Grantuismo at ard $420K

Turbocharged

I think 335 Coupe is better but I may be biased. Get an AwwwDeeee RS model if you die die must have an AwwwwDeeee... Like I said I'm biased [:p]

I will not comment much until finding out abt the OMV and performance..but most of the time find Audi cars overpriced in singapore..

Neutral Newbie

OMV for S5 is $64k which is quite disappointing for a $245k, but looking at the specs, it seems a really good deal. What else can u get for $245K that is comparable? A V8 for only that price? I agree Audi makes huge profit out of us....but S5 pricing kind of surprise a little. It looks more expensive than that too

(edited)

hey bro, i think the S5 with its NA 4.2 litre V8 must only be compared to the M3 or the 650i... in which case the $80k to $100k difference should mean something. mercedes benz is out of the question as their V8 cars are way out of this price range. or i could be wrong.. how much is the CLK 63 AMG?

Edited by Viceroymenthol

(edited)

Why do Audi feel the need to slap a "V8" badge on the front fender? That smacks of ultra kiasu-ism and more than a little tacky... just like how the Maserati Quattroporte has those 3 air vents at the front fender... yucks.. it not a Mustang guys so please quit cheesing it up.

Edited by Viceroymenthol

I saw one on the road... sounds like a muted Gallardo... If can decat the whole exhaust system and install a Tubi... should something like a Gallardo...

Why not just buy a Gallardo? [laugh][laugh]

Then again, I'm not a ricer so I wouldn't understand the need for these mods.

I wouldn't do anything to a stock Porsche, for example, or an M3.

Audi seems to have slightly wise up.

If the OMV you have given is correct (though I know sometimes their figure defers when it is registered), then the S5 profit is at 125% of the OMV.

Compare this to 150% of OMV for the A4 3.2Q, this one is more "acceptable" for a S car.