Lonpac Insurance

For those using Lonpac car insurance,appreciate your input on this company.Although I understand their premiums are quite competitive,being a malaysia incorporated company and shifting their singapore office from one place to another recently,will it be any issue if claims are involve. [confused]

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

My van Comprehensive Ins $938 from Lonpac. Cheaper then Income's quote too.

I believe they are okay as most of the time they are contactable & return my call with a answer. Collected my van without motor cover note and ask them to fax me a copy which they did promptly.

Turbocharged

My insurance with them too..

Comprehensive cover for Civic ES 1.5, 50% NCD at around $460..

so far so good, not that i have any claims..

Neutral Newbie

My Sunny was insured under them.

$560 (50% NCD), Zero Excess, Named Workshop,

NCD Protector.

Very competitive in the market.

Turbocharged
(edited)

Dear folks,

I am driving a 1.6L presea and was quoted $550 for third party fire and theft (TPFT), while third party only (TPO) cost $433. This quotation (after 50% NCD) came from another company, not Lonpac.

Mine is an old car and I am not worried about theft. Fire might be a concern though.

Should I take TPFT or TPO?

Please kindly discuss. Many thanks.

Edited by Albeniz

I think your question should be specific, which is did anybody that is insured with them have any problems claiming from them.

Most insurance companies has no problems if there is no claims, the problems arises only when there is a claim. that is when people will understand why AIG premium is so high. If i am loads of cash to spare i would choose AIG over others.

Turbocharged

Besides Lonpac, would also appreciate folks to name a few other companies which provide cheap, good car insurance.

(edited)

I'm with Lonpac and had just did a claim on my windscreen couple of months back [nod][nod][nod]

I would say their service is ok [;)]

50% NCD with NCD Protector at 500 ++ .... What can i ask for more [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Edited by Mzrmazda3

if you can afford to lose your car, by all means take the lower insurance.

Another thing, i think your car is worth less than 10k and your car body is almost worthless, in this case, any insurance will do.

My vote will be $433. Because if ever i have accident or total loss i will just take back whatever paper value

Was not involve in any claim. But the premium is damn cheap.

20% NCD for 30+ year old, 1.6 ltr car........only $562. [nod]

Bro, that was for your previous OPC ride correct??? [:)]

Turbocharged
(edited)

I have that in my mind too.

I work indoor and mainly drives to-and-from work.

I have not claimed a single cent throughout my 12 years of driving history. Not even a demerit point. My friends describe me as a careful driver.

My concern is, if my car gets into an accident and catches fire (causing damage to others' life and property), would third-party only (TPO) cover this worst-case scenario?

I am not worried about damages to my own car as I believe I can just send it to the scrapyard and take back the COE value.

Edited by Albeniz

My concern is, if my car gets into an accident and catches fire (causing damage to others' life and property), would third-party only (TPO) cover this worst-case scenario?

The above question you should ask those insurance people here. But from my understanding, it should be covered. It only does not cover your car. That is why is called 3rd party

all so cheap from lonpac. i got from lonpac too like 30%ncd with additional 5% com 1.6ltr and 900+ [thumbsdown]

around same age as hippy

Neutral Newbie
(edited)
For those using Lonpac car insurance,appreciate your input on this company.Although I understand their premiums are quite competitive,being a malaysia incorporated company and shifting their singapore office from one place to another recently,will it be any issue if claims are involve. confused.gif

For your information, lonpac is not quoting cars with ncd 30% or less. Those renewals with 10-30% be prepared to receive a letter stating renewal not invited.

Any insured age 30 or less will also face the same issue as renewal not invited.

For commercial vehicles, no renewal at all.

Those with claims experience will get their renewal rejected too.

Such is the claim experience that lonpac is facing at the moment and decide to take some counter measures to lower their risk

Next insurer : TM ASIA.

With immediate effect,

commercial vehicles with less than 15% NCD, they not quoting

For passenger cars, any claims above $5000 they are not quoting.

Xtraun : now u know why me have to go sooo many training....lol

Edited by Lobangking88
↡ Advertisement