Used Hyundai Accent - can make it?

Metalslug

Supercharged

I agree.. while my accent is fine and current korean models are comparable to japs, one should remember that 7 yrs ago, korean cars aren't as good as japs. A safer 2nd hand korean buy would be those from 2005, which are relatively cheaper than japs of similar age.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Hi bro, can you pls share a litter bit more about the performance on M'sia highway or long distance travel...cos i plan to looking for 2005 1.3m for traveling from Sin to Malacca at least once or twice a month...Thks

Supercharged

I have made several trips on NSH so far, fastest i ran was 120-130km/h though i usually keep to speed limit of 110km/h. Rather noisy (on cd louder lor) and tiring on right leg cos no cruise control), otherwise no problem lor. Once car skidded when braking during high speed on rainy day (cos no ABS) [sweatdrop] That prompted me to change to better tyres so I'm now on 185/60/R14 GR80 tyres.. haven't skidded since.. [;)]

Neutral Newbie

Yup agree with Bro tkseak...the 2005 model quite reliable if you not 'chong' type, plain point A to B type, quite a value for money car...FC is abt 12 -13 km 50% highway and 50% city. But if has family of 5, might be quite cramp at the back seat cos quite small.

Drive for abt 3 yrs, change some wear and tear parts, like brake pad, spark plug ,etc. Spare parts also quite cheap as compare to jap cars...

Driven to Genting before, apart from the noise, speed can reach 140km/h (still can whack somemore) I kept constant at 120 -130km/h..no issue in between stop once for toilet break

Neutral Newbie
My own theory of buying almost scrap 2nd hand cars, is to buy Japanese.

More reliable and more time to enjoy the remainng car lifetime.

I would think the price difference is not much between a Kor and Jap cars at 7yrs old range.

erm. dont think they are the same price, or even close? i would luv jap cars too! [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie
I agree.. while my accent is fine and current korean models are comparable to japs, one should remember that 7 yrs ago, korean cars aren't as good as japs. A safer 2nd hand korean buy would be those from 2005, which are relatively cheaper than japs of similar age.

good point.

the auto good?

i see 2001 still have 1.5 manual

Is this the model that Jeremy Clarkson vilely christened as Hyundai Accident? But honestly i think he was too damning on the car lah. It's not as if without ABS you're gonna spin around like an empty coca cola bottle. [rolleyes]

Neutral Newbie

well i dont care what he says. if i got money also dun drive hyundai accent, immediately buy evo since he praise it so much.

for now finding best bang for the buck haha... [:)]

Supercharged

Hyundai autos are known to be heavy on petrol consumption.. at least more so for the older models. While my 1.3 manual gets 14.5km/l, the 1.5 auto only manages around 11km/l [rolleyes]

↡ Advertisement