Leather shoes: Any recommendation?

Thermodynamics

I remember seeing their ads when they first came to our shores, said proven comfortable and proof was got people to wear the leather shoes to run in i think Paris Marathon!

Made a deep impression, but even now my SES not high enough to buy this - lagi jialat in those days when it first came to SG...

Even wife heard Rockport is v comfy, and i dun mind trying one - if got attractive (enough) sale.

Get it when you go holiday lo.

I bought a pair of Rockport boat shoe from outlet for JPY5,800.

↡ Advertisement

Currently my oldest pair of leather shoes.

Brown calf double monk with gold hardware (cost $400)

About 6-7yrs old

Resoled about 6 mths ago (cost $120)

Will probably retire it when the sole wears out.

Probably another 2 years

post-29925-0-68975700-1527819445_thumb.jpeg

post-29925-0-15972100-1527819518_thumb.jpeg

• Praise 1

Bata shoe ugly lah.

When i was holiday in Osaka, i went outlet shopping. Bally shoe is around SGD400.

That sounds ok

Get it when you go holiday lo.

I bought a pair of Rockport boat shoe from outlet for JPY5,800.

alamak... if only i knew earlier... [bigcry]

TIp:

if you can wait, go local rockport stores to try our their shoe size and fittings. try to identify some models you like. Go Amazon search. can usually find some good deals even with shipping included even more so when special sales like black friday. [;)]

I remember seeing their ads when they first came to our shores, said proven comfortable and proof was got people to wear the leather shoes to run in i think Paris Marathon!

Made a deep impression, but even now my SES not high enough to buy this - lagi jialat in those days when it first came to SG...

Even wife heard Rockport is v comfy, and i dun mind trying one - if got attractive (enough) sale.

TIp:

if you can wait, go local rockport stores to try our their shoe size and fittings. try to identify some models you like. Go Amazon search. can usually find some good deals even with shipping included even more so when special sales like black friday. [;)]

ha ha ok [thumbsup]  idea...

but scully like some opinion in the test drive thread: if no intention to buy, then dun waste people's time... i [sweatdrop]  leh...

(edited)

LOL... Like go AD to test drive Jazz and end up buy Fit from PI?  :D

Aiyah, local retailers should have known, they shouldn't be making obscene profit margin when these days online purchase are much cheaper. Why pay more for same stuff when you don't even provide warranty.

ha ha ok [thumbsup]  idea...

but scully like some opinion in the test drive thread: if no intention to buy, then dun waste people's time... i [sweatdrop]  leh...

Edited by Vratenza
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

Leather shoes must come with these laces then looks professional and nice de. You go to Shenton Way area and see, majority of guys are wearing lace leather shoe.

waa i must be low ses. lazy to tie shoelaces so been wearing laceless leather shoes for the past few years.

Lace-less leather shoes are very popular with male housing agents.... :D

I also own a few pairs... but laced ones looks better in general

waa i must be low ses. lazy to tie shoelaces so been wearing laceless leather shoes for the past few years.

Supersonic

I also have been wearing laceless leather shoes for many years until i changed to lace leather shoe, cause it looks nicer.

Turbocharged

i have a pair of rockport casual sneakers. very light weight. very cushy inside as it is Adiprene (from Adidas) insole. some of their models use Adiprene.

Hypersonic

My most comfortable pair of leather shoes... Rockport. Very cushy, light and soft. But don't hold up in the shape... Gets cui like this quickly despite only wearing it 2 times per week.

Current state...

attachicon.gif20180601_074141-picsay.jpg

u find rockport soft and light?

haha when i changed over, my chronic Rt ankle sprain couldn't recover cos of the weight of the shoe  [:p]

i think mine way more creases. But i wear daily.

laced definitely looks good.

But I'm usually in a hurry to leave the house. Lol.

Most of my shoes are from Amazon, price range from 150 to 250sgd. Sometimes the fit is very good, sometimes not.

But the best buy so far for me is a pair of Tod's loafer which I bought at 50% discount from Taipei Airport.

Supersonic

Lace-less leather shoes are very popular with male housing agents.... :D

I also own a few pairs... but laced ones looks better in general

I also have been wearing laceless leather shoes for many years until i changed to lace leather shoe, cause it looks nicer.

i think laceless looks ok too, maybe i still young [lipsrsealed]

i think laceless looks ok too, maybe i still young [lipsrsealed]

i thought laceless is for old people? 

• Praise 1

(edited)

Since we are on topic of lace-less...

This is my other pair of lace-less from Pedro (bought during discounted online sale)

post-24957-0-82882400-1527828513_thumb.jpg

Quite comfy, initially tough to slip in and out...probably spend more time putting them on then my laced ones..  But now much better after wearing in.  :D

Edited by Vratenza
↡ Advertisement