Leather shoes: Any recommendation?

Thermodynamics

Pardon my ignorance but doesnt rubber absorb shock better?

Been hunting for a nice looking pair for ages but cannot seen to find something tat is stylish yet comfortable. Thinking of trying Cole Haan with the Nike Air inside but again the price is [knife]

↡ Advertisement

Using Pedro now. Ok for short-term but for prolonged use (6 hrs of walking inside the showroom [dead] ) abit siong...

yeah rubber heels/soles are more comfortable and absorb better shocks. but the heels/soles are not changeable unless you talk about removing the stitches and re-stitch with new rubber heels/soles. most will just throw the shoes away once the heels wear off.

some may prefer those with wooden heels as the leather soles are changeable and the shoes can last a long time with such timely changes.

Ahhh... I am more into comfort den how long I can wear the shoe, no joke how sore my feet can be after a long day.

The search begins again... [:p]

PS: How long do u guys use the shoe for b4 retiring it?

depends. if working shoes the longest was 2 years. i usually have about 2 pairs to rotate them.

i had this pair causal deck shoes from hush puppies very long time ago. those days they are made in US. lasted me about 10 years. after that i bought another pair. hearsay its made of indian buffalo leather. [laugh][laugh] now into 5th year.

Was thinking of doing tat on the advice on my colleague, but hard to find 2 pairs of shoes I like leh, find one ardi abt to [dizzy] ardi, find 2 think u will see me [furious] .

[laugh]

Neutral Newbie
If you have special requirements i.e. your feet have too high instep or too wide or too big or too narrow, different size left and right, you can have bespoke shoes (made to measured). The prices used to range from $65 to $300+, do not know if prices increased recently.

They usually fit better and dont need breaking in. But it is very troublesome, the shoemaker will draw an outline of your feet and take various measurements etc. They will then modify the last to be same shape of your feet then they will sew the uppers. etc. Then you have to go down for fitting, before the sole is attached. So I have to go down to the shop 3 times (measurement, fitting, collection) and it takes more than a month to make.

Can I understand the name and address of the place you go to? How is the quality?

As an aside, users here might want to consider Johnston & Murphy. Bought one pair a couple of years ago, rubber sole, and very comfortable as it has arch support which is important for a person with flatfoot. So happy with it that I bought another of the same design but different colour. Its a little over priced in Singapore though, cost me $300+ each where it can be bought for probably 60% of the price in the US.

Speaking of leather shoes.

Where to find a good and affordable cobbler. These shoes last longer than sneakers provided you renew their soles.

So far, a full sole replacement at one of the Holland V cobblers cost me $40. Yes, for $40, you can wear for longer. That is why for leather shoes, it is best to pay for the most expensive you can afford and just keep renewing the soles.

So guys, any kangtao for cheaper cobbler services?

i changed my soles for $25 in hougang

Whoa everybody using branded shoes. My dunno what brand. Bought from mustafa for $16.90. Find it comfortable to use and have been using it to office for nearly 2 years. My clark shoes bought at the same time seldom use as they are not as comfortable as the unbranded shoes.

A good pair of leather shoes, get those with GENUINE leather upper, leather lining, leather heel, leather insole, leather midsole, leather welting. i.e. completely genuine leather type. This type of shoes breathe very well, all natural materials, good for your feet.

Cheap ones

LOAKE (made in England) available at Robinsons only

Johnston and Murphy (made in ??? Mexico?) available everywhere

AVERAGE

MORESCHI (Made in Italy)

Jeffrey West (Made in England) used to be available in Tangs

Expensive

AIGNER (U.S. but shoe made in italy), BRUNO MAGLI (italy), BALLY (Swiss), SALVATORE FERAGAMO (italy). PRADA (Made in Italy)

Good leather shoes last for life if you maintained the soles, get the best that you can afford. They are also made of better materials, e.g. vegetable tan leathers, instead of chromium salt tanned leathers.

Bro, I'm impressed! You seem to knoe a lot about leather shoes! [thumbsup]

Supercharged
For comfort, go for Clarks, Scholls or Ecco.

For durability, go for Timberland or Dr. Martens.

For pattern more than badminton, go for Aldo or Democrata.

wink.gif

Of these brands, which one has designs suitable for working and most importantly FLAT FOOTER confused.gif n don't weigh a TONNE. TIA.

Supercharged

Customized shoe shocked.gif

I donno we hv such service in Spore. Don't mind me asking but how is the workmanship and what's the damageconfused.gif TIA

One more brand which I had being buying for the past 15 years...

..........WEINBRENNER....... [thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup]

Huh? This brand got leather shoes one meh? I thought only got hiking shoes and sandals?

Yup....... there are leather ones. Selling at all Bata Stores... [;)]

↡ Advertisement