OPC road tax rebates

Rojakheaven

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

I am driving an OPC 1.5L car. Recently government announced that road tax will be cut 15% due to shift in emphasis towards ERP. My yearly road tax used to be $74. Now after rebates I am not supposed to pay anything. However, stated in LTA website, the yearly OPC is subjected to minimum $50. Therefore my savings on road tax is only $24 and I have to pay more ERPs at Orchard road, Singapore river line and CTE. [furious] I am feeling so frustrated with LTA. Anyone else share the same feeling as me? I am now considering to upgrade to OPC 1.8L. Nice car [thumbsup]

Edited by Rojakheaven
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Er.. there's nothing free from garhmen... buying OPC would jolly noe that u r given rebate of $17k n a much lesser road tax... where got such thing as using the road n no need to pay tax??? [hur] n everytime such road tax rebates will seldom apply to OPC one... u can dun travel to Orchard, Singapore river line and CTE during the lights on period or use alternative routes... compare to people driving normal car license plate, u actually save alot liao.. wanna save more? dun drive lor n go inline with garhmen idea of using public transport...

$50 per year still complaint har ? [hur]

My car road tax is $1,564. [dead][dead][dead]

Yours is a OPC mah. U dont drive often during office hours, hence u are not affected by the ERP. [:p]

If u intend to drive OPC on long term basis. Get a bigger CC car rah. Then yr road tax saving will be more than $24. [nod]

Im an OPC owner too...i feel OPC car road tax is really really really dirt cheap already.$50 for 1 whole year..considering can drive for more than 50% of the time,its really good.

my bike road tax im paying like nearly $200 for 1/2 a year.

& u still can complain for few $$...

Your complaint makes you sound like those people who see detergent powder being advertised at a promotional price which is eg $0.50 less than the regular price.

So you think, buy more, save more.

So you buy 10,000 bags, and walk away with a huge erection because you saved 10,000 x $0.50 = $5,000!

Not true. ERP timing changed from 7pm to 8pm. This actually affected to OPC greatly...

Imagine you don;t need to pay ERP to you need to pay... isn't that a 100% increase? [furious]

I am driving an OPC 1.5L car. Recently government announced that road tax will be cut 15% due to shift in emphasis towards ERP. My yearly road tax used to be $74. Now after rebates I am not supposed to pay anything. However, stated in LTA website, the yearly OPC is subjected to minimum $50. Therefore my savings on road tax is only $24 and I have to pay more ERPs at Orchard road, Singapore river line and CTE. [furious] I am feeling so frustrated with LTA. Anyone else share the same feeling as me? I am now considering to upgrade to OPC 1.8L. Nice car [thumbsup]

In a feel months, I will be a OPC owner too...$50 per year is very cheap already, my yamaha road tax after rebate is $75 per year....more expensive then opc man....

Neutral Newbie

True! Its already cheap for OPC. me as a OPC driver, dont think I need a further rebate on Road Tax.. even if I drive all saturdays of a year say 51, I need to spent $1000 for coupons which I offset in roadtax..

Hmm.... Let's see.

Upgrade from a 1.5l to a 1.8l.

1. incure higher loan (rough estimate: $20K more for 10yr life of car ~2K/yr)

2. incure higher operating costs (fuel: Say $100 more per month ~$1.2K/yr)

3. Higher insurance premium? (This I'm not sure)

so as qualify for a yearly road tax that's >$850, and after that 15% discount such that it ends up >$50 yearly after the OPC discount......very 'smart' [sly]

$50 still not enough?

even the smallest motorcycle on the road pays more road tax than you. [laugh]

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Sad no OPC in MCF feels e same way as me. I bought OPC due to my lifestyle. I drive everyday. I lugi more than $130 in road tax rebates and incur average additional $10 per month in ERP charges since it rose this month. Just boh song bai bai let griidy LTA earn so complain here a bit. Scoots has the points there but I like the new Civics 1.8L a lot. It seems the right time to get it now so I ask MCFers here but it seems I cant get any constructive comments. [sweatdrop]

Edited by Rojakheaven

(edited)

My views:

1. That $130 road tax rebate per year that you 'lugi' is just about the additional petrol that you can expect to incur per month

2. That additional $10 per month of ERP will still be there after you upgrade. Actually should prepare that it will increase in time to come irregardless of OPC or no OPC, 1.5 or 1.8

3.The comments/response from all the bros/sis here may have been harsh, sacarstic...but no less true. Although the response isn't the 'supportive' kind you hope to hear, it does not make them any less constructive.

If you have the money and like the car that much - go ahead and buy.

If you feel you wanna 'get your money's worth' out of the freebies from LTA - go ahead and buy.

It's your money and your debt to bear.Seems like you are already wanting to make the switch but just seeking affirmation/endorsement to validate your own desire. Come on, you can take responsibility for your own choices

FYI: I'm also driving an OPC too.

Edited by Scoots

Who can afford to give you constructive comments when you are bitching about $50 road tax per year?

After getting flak in HWZ, you decided to come here instead. And from what I see, the flames here are more powderful. Haha.

To me, the comments you don't like to hear, is non constructive.. Those that is pleasing to your ear is considered constructive.. Let me conclude for you.. Sell your car away, take public transport if you feel so buay song about paying $50/year road tax, and additional of $10 ERP per month.. Of course, the high petrol price now..

Maybe what i just type is non-constructive.. Since i dun think they are pleasing to you..

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

u are already in heaven by paying a rojak sum of $50 only yet u still kpkb?compared to non-opc rd tax of hundreds above.What's there to grumble ?Nobody ask u die die must drive to Orchard Rd,Singapore river line and CTE.U are not alone paying these.

Lastly, since u can afford upgrading to 1.8 (petrol not cheap), what are $24 and ERP?

Edited by Banban
↡ Advertisement