Where to install spring stiffener?

Yr1985

As above, preferred experienced ws for these sort of install. Thanks.

Edited by Yr1985
↡ Advertisement

What is the use of spring stiffeners? I just changed my types from 195/R15/55 to 205/R16/45. when driving 5 pax and going over bumps on expressways, the tyres rub the car fender. will installing spring stiffeners help?

can try autobac. now promotion $75 including installation. Takes about 1-2 hour only.

Advisable for CNG cars and MPVs or cars with regular loads. After installation my car not so bumpy with 500kg load when i cross humps.

Is this Spring stopper placed at the twirl of the suspension spring, thus prevent the spring from compressing fully? Meaning it does not really increase the spring compression rate, just preventing the spring from 'squeezed together' aka bottoming out?

Or is this spring stopper placed in the center of the spring, reducing the hard jolt when the suspension fully bottomed?

What is the use of spring stiffeners? I just changed my types from 195/R15/55 to 205/R16/45. when driving 5 pax and going over bumps on expressways, the tyres rub the car fender. will installing spring stiffeners help?

It will help to reduce rubbing of fender or bottoming out of shocks. I did that last time.

I have a set currently sitting in my storeroom if you are interested. Use for less than a month. Willing to let go around $30. Installation should cost about $10 at most workshops.

Yep, i did mine at Autobacs....$65 plus $10 for installation.

I had the problem of my rear being lower than the front because i have 4 amps, sub and loads of other stuff in the boot that is way too heavy so visually, it's quite obvious that the rear is lower than the front...didn't want to change to coilovers either...so ended up adding this spring stifferner and well, my review is, it actually does work...

Ride is more stable now....rear still slightly lower than front but not really noticeable anymore...

Fetching people that one confirm will be lower la...never had the fender problem cause offset for the tyres are correct.

The only issue is, i dunno how lng they will last but at $75....can last 1yr aready cannot complain lah :)

Dun expect sports performance after adding...it's manin purpose is to help those on stock suspension with the problem of being rear heavy because of ICE or CNG or anything heavy behind that will cause the suspension to go low..

From what i read from the tips and resources, the stiffer the spring is, the better the handling, the less the comfort. please correct me on this if i am wrong.

So, if a stiffener is meant to compress the springs more, make it stiffer, then wouldn't that be making the ride more bumpy? I know it can heighten the spring as it will be harder to compress it with load. It will be more stable as the springs become less bouncy for higher speed. But for driving in urban area with humps, won't it be more bumpy?

By the way, spring stiffeners are being marketed as handling improving devices.

My issue here is: Will the installation of stiffeners increase comfort?

[reply]Yep, i did mine at Autobacs....$65 plus $10 for installation.

[reply]

can i ask if the price of $75 is for 2 springs or 4 springs?

any difference if all 4 have or only rear springs have?

Neutral Newbie

i did my one at racetech, $80 includes installation, tooke about 10 to 20 minutes.

Install it becos when i fetch people who are very heavy, then my ride (rear) will be very low. Becos of this, last time my rear bumper strike kerb with full load of passenger.