Trip Report..... SQ to London

KapitanE

As promised previously.... some pictures I took while walking the city of Bristol. This city is walkable... not a big city, most sights could be covered by walking... an old city as I was told... google Bristol and you will have their visit Bristol website where you can read more of it....

Out of my hotel, walked pass Queen's Square and this gothic looking church was what I first saw...

DSC00908Small.jpg

Upon arriving, I learnt of the name...

DSC00911Small.jpg

Exterior, out of some horror movie...

DSC00909Small.jpg

DSC00910Small.jpg

↡ Advertisement

Now the interior... I have always been fascinated by old buildings... how much technology was there to build such magnificent structures... not much, but they did it.... once inside, you can obtain a laminated explanation in English or chinese of what's there in the interior....

DSC00912Small.jpg

DSC00913Small.jpg

DSC00915Small.jpg

DSC00917Small.jpg

DSC00918Small.jpg

Stained glass panels....

DSC00914Small.jpg

DSC00916Small.jpg

Walking towards the city, I came across signs pointing to the Old City.. and this is what i came across... Castle Park....

DSC00922Small.jpg

But apparently the castle have been destroyed... reading up on some history, it was said that many ancient building have been destroyed by the bombing blitz by the Nazi during the 2nd world war....

This is St Peter's Churh sitting in the middle of the park.., or the remnants of it....

DSC00923Small.jpg

DSC00924Small.jpg

DSC00925Small.jpg

The park, full of green.....

DSC00926Small.jpg

(edited)

Walking along..... here are some shots of the city.....

This is the train station, which is named Temple Meads station... so British sounding..

DSC00920Small.jpg

Others pictures, while walking... I was in the shopping area, right in the heart, which s called Broadmead....

DSC00927Small.jpg

DSC00928Small.jpg

DSC00929Small.jpg

DSC00930Small.jpg

DSC00931Small.jpg

Edited by KapitanE

Finally, my legs are giving way after walking so much... it had been 3 hours plus,..was walking to wards my hotel by the river, when I saw the Tourist Information centre at Harbourside... walking towards it, I saw another old churh building... went into the information centre and they gave me some brochures and I decide cramps or not, I must see that Bristol Cathedral.....

Another gothic looking church straight out of some horror movies.... can you hear the pipe organs???

DSC00932Small.jpg

DSC00936Small.jpg

DSC00937Small.jpg

DSC00939.jpg

DSC00940.jpg

DSC00941.jpg

Here's where the music coming from..... the pipe organ... huge structure..

DSC00938.jpg

Around the area is the University as well as the City Council (parliament) Building.... longish council building, which my cam cannot shoot everyting in one single frame....

Right...

DSC00933Small.jpg

Centre

DSC00934Small.jpg

Left...

DSC00935Small.jpg

DSC00942.jpg

Last picture before ending this series....

While in the bus from London to Bristol, a 2.5 hours journey, a little gal was sitting behind me.... she fell asleep... so cute...

SNC00007.jpg

Hi Bro

As usual, nice report from you and enjoyed reading them here [bounce1][bounce1] . Btw do you have a blog where you post more picture of all your trips? Care to share?

Cheers

Turbocharged

Your trips so much better than mine. Still got time to walk around and all developed countries. + business class travel.

Mine sucks. Only hotel - office - hotel. Always economy section. Always same country. And the country is the poor poor developing kind. Go also sian 100%. And return flight always red eye flight flying in cattle section.

I also pity the crew flying that route.

Flying economy, business or suites??

For economy, upper deck is preferred by many...

For Business, take the most forward cabin,... the most forward toilet is the big full size one...

For suites, sorry no experience yet.

You can view www.seatguru.com for looking for the best seats....

This is the aircraft seat configuration chart...

https://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_UK/imag...fo/380/A380.jpg

As can see, upper deck Y seats are 2x4x2 and main deck is 3x4x3.... so on upper deck you will not climb over more then one pax at window seats.

Back end of this month.....

Yes, I know I need a pair of new shoes....

wait for u and go shopping then... time to get new stylo milo shoes.. make u look younger.. [;)]

Because I don't want the gals reading the forum to start pm-ing me for my details and asking me out...... kekekkekeeee [laugh][laugh][sly]

Do you have the contact of the stewardess whom you took the photo?

↡ Advertisement