GT Brakes

Kyojin

Ok bros, I've done some research into GT brakes and hope to share info with you guys. I found it to be a real nightmare looking for parts.

Call me fussy, but I do not believe in being cheap on braking components, so I wanted brand new rotors. Just to let you know that the front rotors for EP82 have only a 1mm run-out before reaching it's minimum of 17mm.

I found that my rotors were skimmed (or turned) before and it's now down to 16mm. [shocked]

Intro

For those who don't know the GT Brake Kit refers to the brake system off a EP82 GT. It's a four-disc system, with front ventilated and rear solids. It's an easy swap onto EP80s with a more wimpy brake system.

Rotors

Specs

Front Rotors

Diameter: 254mm

Thickness: 18mm

Minimum Thickness: 17mm

Centre hub bore: 54mm

PCD: 4x100

Front

Toyota OEM: 43512-10110 (EP82) / 43512-16080 (Paseo EL44)

Brembo 09.6765.10 (on indent basis only)

Rear

Toyota OEM: 42403-19105

These can be found at a stockist called YUNG SOON AUTO SUPPLY CO (Tel: 62986988). They can special order from Toyota Japan if they don't have it in stock.

Pads

Now comes the fun bit. It seems that we have a VERY limited choice for performance pads now. Ferodo (FCP308H) is sold out, Mintex (MDB1251) and Bendix (DB308) are also out. Even Thai-made N-brakes are sold out!

So what are we left with?

Toyota Originals

Front 04465-10040

Rear 004466-18010 (no other choices - even the Oz guys have to use these)

Other brands for front pads

Project Mu (Stamford Tyres)

Front: F182 (Bestop up to 350deg or B-Spec up to 500deg)

EBC Greenstuff

can be special ordered, part number: DP2453

↡ Advertisement

Just to add, if you are indeed looking for your own parts, the best way to tell the stockist is that you need brakes for Paseo from 1992 (EL44). This only applies to front brakes (Paseo had rear drums)

affordable? EP82 GT

if have no budget limit, there are quite a few big brake kits out there, which i don't agree with.

i'm currently on the ep82 gt brake kits. i mean better braking kits from other toyota models?

those aftermarket BBK i think is an overkill..

u don't need anything better than EP82 GT kit. even the oz guys running modded 4E's are running EP82 kits. they uprate their front brake pads and they are good to go.

Neutral Newbie

upgrade brake master pmup and good brake pad and disc rotor gd enough lohh.... kyojin is right even those foregin country ep82 which modded is still using back ep82 front caliper which is can tell is good enough

some goodies for weekend project...

1. Toyota front rotors

2. Project Mu B-Spec brake pads

3. ATE SL (Super DOT 4) brake fluid

There is a brembo rotor distributor at AMK industrial park 2. You may want to check with them. I got my CL1 rotor there.

PM me if you need it.

Kangtao was previously pass to me by Vtim.