Nissan GTR on the road

Redlavita

Turbocharged

The depreciation for GTR and Maserati (certain models) like very similar. If I finally earn enough to choose from that level, I wonder which one I'd choose leh. Maybe depends on my age/stage of life ba.

Turbocharged

The depreciation for GTR and Maserati (certain models) like very similar. If I finally earn enough to choose from that level, I wonder which one I'd choose leh. Maybe depends on my age/stage of life ba.

my depreciation is roughly $25k. this doesnt include maintenance and repairs (ie, my aircon pipe just got punctured - it was $600 just to replace that one pipe)

but you're right, i am seeing used maseratis with better depreciation. a friend just bought a used 2012 QP (PI model) and his depreciation is about $23-24k per annum.

having driven both cars, still prefer the GTR. dont get me wrong .. the maserati is a head turner, has a better interior but the drive isnt as smooth :D

besides, whenever people ask me what i drive, i just tell them i drive a nissan, and nobody bothers to ask beyond that ... ha ha ha.

• Praise 3

my depreciation is roughly $25k. this doesnt include maintenance and repairs (ie, my aircon pipe just got punctured - it was $600 just to replace that one pipe)

but you're right, i am seeing used maseratis with better depreciation. a friend just bought a used 2012 QP (PI model) and his depreciation is about $23-24k per annum.

having driven both cars, still prefer the GTR. dont get me wrong .. the maserati is a head turner, has a better interior but the drive isnt as smooth :D

besides, whenever people ask me what i drive, i just tell them i drive a nissan, and nobody bothers to ask beyond that ... ha ha ha.

a depreciation of 25k?

I do not see any cars in sgcarmart with that sort of depreciation...all much higher.

Supersonic

Haha, well done. I do the same with my car. Except I can do it twice. What car? BMW lor. If they persist to ask what model (or what "type"): 5 series lor. Only if they probe deeper then I tell them.

That's my SOP except in the case of car enthusiasts who are genuinely interested in our cars. :D

(edited)

Yah..my depreciation is also about there. Maintenance can be quite siong but then, GTR is more about performance and being a practical supercar, never much on refinement anyway.

And, for me, when people ask me what I drive, I tell them that I drive a Datsun. Lol.... [:p]

End of the day, it really depends on the driver loh.. what he wants, what he can afford and willing to spend on.

Cheers.

Edited by Akiyo
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

a depreciation of 25k?

I do not see any cars in sgcarmart with that sort of depreciation...all much higher.

my OMV is 105k ... so if i de-register just before the 10th year (but since i am not exactly sure when i will deregister, i increased by depreciation by about 5%), my parf rebate is approximately 52.

paid under 290k for the car. mine is a TC car, not a PI car .. hence the higher OMV.

my OMV is 105k ... so if i de-register just before the 10th year (but since i am not exactly sure when i will deregister, i increased by depreciation by about 5%), my parf rebate is approximately 52.

paid under 290k for the car. mine is a TC car, not a PI car .. hence the higher OMV.

if yours is a TC car, then all the more the depreciation should be higher (since base cost already higher).

most of the gtr on sgcartmart are PI cars and yet their depreciation all above 27k....

Turbocharged

Haha, well done. I do the same with my car. Except I can do it twice. What car? BMW lor. If they persist to ask what model (or what "type"): 5 series lor. Only if they probe deeper then I tell them.

That's my SOP except in the case of car enthusiasts who are genuinely interested in our cars. :D

basket. one of my clients actually laughed his ass off when he saw my car. he said my "nissan" can eat all his cars for breakfast,lunch and dinner.

but obviously, you dont tell your clients you drive a gtr, unless like you said, they are petrolheads like the rest of us.

most ladies will turn to the guy driving the e200 after hearing i drive a nissan, which is perfectly fine by me :D i got the car for my own pleasure, not to get laid.

if yours is a TC car, then all the more the depreciation should be higher (since base cost already higher).

most of the gtr on sgcartmart are PI cars and yet their depreciation all above 27k....

bro.. i gave you all the numbers ...

cost: 290k

rebate: 52k

diff: 238k

238k divide by 10 years ...

Yah..my depreciation is also about there. Maintenance can be quite siong but then, GTR is more about performance and being a practical supercar, never much on refinement anyway.

And, for me, when people ask me what I drive, I tell them that I drive a Datsun. Lol.... [:p]

End of the day, it really depends on the driver loh.. what he wants, what he can afford and willing to spend on.

Cheers.

i scared to tell people datsun. most people will say .. simi datsun!?

lol...

(edited)

yea I know...

bro.. i gave you all the numbers ...

cost: 290k

rebate: 52k

diff: 238k

238k divide by 10 years ...

just saying the prices in sgcarmart are to chop carrots

very inflated

Edited by Blacksnow

Turbocharged

yea I know...

just saying the prices in sgcarmart are to chop carrots

i wasnt sure, since you said you were quite sure my depreciation should be higher ;)

i bought my car at a time when COE was under 20k.

the problem is now a new GTR is between 400-500k.

so most owners who are selling are hoping to capitalize on that, i suppose.

nothing wrong with that ... buyer willing seller willing, of course.

everything can be negotiated too ... never take a price at face value, but im sure you already know that :D

Turbocharged

When asked what car I drive I usually just say "I drive a station wagon", people tend to switch off and leave it at that.

It's great for turning women off and protecting my virginity [grin]

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

When asked what car I drive I usually just say "I drive a station wagon", people tend to switch off and leave it at that.

It's great for turning women off and protecting my virginity [grin]

Please do not bs in this forum. There are tons of s h i t and you do no favor to anyone by adding another pile [laugh]

Turbocharged

Please do not bs in this forum. There are tons of s h i t and you do no favor to anyone by adding another pile [laugh]

Okay i'll come clean. There are no women to turn off.

In case you were wondering (and I'm sure you are!) there are no men either.

My virginity remains intact :wub:

↡ Advertisement