False alarm..... clifford rubbish

Kenlinliu1419

These days, I tend to hear at least 1 car alarm blaring away everyday.

Either at work, at home or even in the public car parks.

Most times, it's that irritating Clifford system with the 6 or 7 different siren sounds. This is the most over-rated alarm system for a car.

Why do people insist on installing an alarm in the first place? There's no call for it in Singapore. Besides, even when it goes off.... who gives a damn anyway? Not a soul would pay any attention or do anything about it.

↡ Advertisement

The 6~7 sound alarm is generic. Can be any brand and not just specific to one brand.

Its actually meant for the owners to chose the siren that they want and the installer will cut off the rest...but like most installer and owner (installer lazy and owner kiasu) just connect everything. That is why you get the medley of siren when the alarm trips.

Agreed, most of these car alarms are noise pollution.

As reported, syndicate can deactivate the alarm in very short time frame to steal the car without triggering the alarm.

Many times, heard alarm sounding in HDB carpark throughout the night but owners still sleeping (or may be overseas), very irritating.

Unless the owner gets some form of notification/alert on alarm triggered, otherwise, it is not effective against theft and serve more as a nuisance to public.

For the really good 1, d signal btw alarm & remote is encrypted. It is harder 2 crack. In addition, wif 2-way alarm, u will know what happen 2 ur ka.

By d way, if alarm sounds d whole nite, can we call police?

if some one is trying to steal your car, only to hear the siren, i think it is a good deterence..

But that's my point.... I think the thief may also know that no-one would do anything about it. He could merely pretend to be the owner!

WALAUZ! That is a daamn good idea! Best alarm in the world! Sure to grab attention. Hey is there anywhere i can install that alarm? or any kind of alarm that will enable me to upload any kind of music? [sly]

↡ Advertisement