Durian farm

Joemit7850

this thread may help

Field Report!

Moved out from central part of SG and encountered moderate jam for about 45mins~1hr jam at Woodlands Custom. After cleared MY Custom took the seaside rd along Denga Bay to Skudai then enter to NSWH.

Encountered JPJ road block at about 150~150KM NSHW. They seem to be 'thirsty' due to the hot weather and mostly SG cars are stopped.

I took my usual way exit via Tangkak toll at about 170KM which I did not follow the Garmin recommended exit at Pagoh. Tangkak exit should bring you there 30mins faster but additional toll fare, you decide!

After Tangkak exit, turn right to Tangkak Town and expect slow travelling speed for the first 5KM.

After Gunung Ledang make a right turn upon seeing the road sign to Kg.Teratai 莲花村. Make another right turn on the second road sign to Kg.Teratai and you will reach the destination for another 5Km.

I was the first to reach there at around 12pm before the tour buses was there. My friend's father immediately served us with D13, 101, D18, Tai Guan & Kunyit. Still no Red Prawn, XO, Butter Cream. Hor Lor, Golden Pheonix....all still hanging solid on the trees. Next week on the 19th all selection will be served full on table. icon_hungry.gif

After the feast we requested to go to the plantation to help up to pick durians and feed the mosquitoes. The mangosteens are still green but still managed to pluck a few to eat. Most friends got a shock after open up the mangosteens without plucking out the stem where many ants hide inside.

After having 'fun' in the plantation, we settled our own take away of our favourites selection, we moved in convoy back and home sweet home for durian dinner.

http://www.malsingmaps.com/forums/viewtopi...&sd=a&start=430

Talk abt durian trips reminds me of a funny piece of news I read in the Sin Min Papers recently...a group of pple sign up for durian road trip by coach to Malaysia at $55 per pax...the advert then was "eat as much as you can until you are full"..when the group turns up at the durian plantation, they were only given a Durian to share for each family..they were pissed and the durian planation owner claims tat durian season is almost over and they dun have much durians left and say no choice they have to be allocated only 1 durian each for 4-5 persons...he suggest they can have rambutans which is available in his plantation too as a substitute... [laugh][laugh]

Edited by Damienic

Yes, those are not really from Segamat. The durian season is from June-August if I'm not wrong.

When I was in KL last wkend, those durian stall left not much choices except D24, no more those high grade one compared to the last trip I went in early July. The owner told me durian season almost over. [:/]