New Jazz vs Old Jazz - Fuel consumption worse

Alee

Neutral Newbie

I have read in an Australia report that the new Jazz is LESS economical than the old Jazz due to heavier weight. Just wondering if those who own both Jazz models find this true? The old one hits 14-15km/l easy on auto. Latest one I have read is abt 13km/l or worse.

"Further, the higher revs (which you need because the new model also put on 45 kilograms, making the Jazz the heaviest among its peers) tend to blunt fuel economy. The previous Jazz was a fuel miser but the consumption of the new model has lost this advantage and consumption is now on par with its peers.

We averaged about 10 L/100 km around town, and about 7 L/100 km on the open road."

http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/ArticleD...mparisonID=1609

Hope to hear fm you.... :)

↡ Advertisement

During three refills, the onboard trip computer was optimistic about how much fuel the car used. It undercalled consumption by between 10%-12%.

I think the US Civic also had similar issue...

I can say the new one is only marginally better than the old one or at par. One thing for sure, it loses out in low end torque! [thumbsdown] The fc can be good on high way cruise! Freequent short trips only return 12+ to 14+ km/l! [thumbsdown]

Btw, new JAZZ ia not otr yet in SG. My figures are on FITs.

Edited by Fitvip

hmm... i wonder if the new jazz will be thai or jap made. Has anyone checked if the new civic is jap or thai made??? I knew it was jap, but there were rumours that the later batch were thai made.

there's a tread for the new jazz.....its from thailand...

i went to KM to look at the Jazz....the 1.3l came wif rear disc brake and 5 speed automatic gear box....

wat i dun like about the new Jazz was its interior built....and the Fuel Consumption....

the salesman told me the 1.5l can hit 15 km/l and the 1.3l is 15 km/l and above..... [thumbsdown][rifle]

so the JDM Fit is best choice...... [sunny][thumbsup][angel]

Neutral Newbie

there's a lot of rumour going on that the new jazz that KM brought in will be from thailand. But it is really from japan...

Can go KM to check it out. the price list got BOLD wording that the new JAZZ is from Japan. if its from thailand, all the current jazz buyers can go KM bang table liao... including me... :P

both 1.3 and 1.5 all come with 14' front disc and 13' rear disc brake. heard that this equipment setup is specially requested by KM, designed for singapore market from japan.

it will not be fair for jazz as the car have not really reached our shores officially yet, so the fuel consumption is really unknown...

cheers

Neutral Newbie

the QC stamp will tell lo... and inside the engine bay wording can also tell mah...

you think KM will put jeopardise their brand name meh... if kena find out their car is from thailand, and not from japan as advertise, what do you think will happen??

[scholar]

Edited by Shawyz

Neutral Newbie

Do we have anyone who owned the old Jazz/Fit and changed to a PI latest model? It will be interesting to hear from first hand owner experience, esp abt the poorer fuel consumption report...

It will be the same issue with the Toyota Wish from BM as owners found Thailand stickers inside the engine bay or car and request an explaination from BM but no reply from them whether the Wish is from Thailand or Japan. [thumbsdown]

BM Claim that it is from Japan and when owners request a reply from BM why they found the Thailand stickers in their Wish, they have not reply till then.

Anyway, I will rather buy a Korean car than Thailand car cos their quality is worst than Korean cars.