New Jazz vs Old Jazz - Fuel consumption worse

Alee

can check out the singapore jazz and fit forum... they got a fair bit of fuel consumption discussion there...

cheers

Yeah... probably due to the constant kick in of the iVtec engine at reportedly lower rpms.... sign [:(]

Agree and its not a fair comparison as old jazz using a fuel saving IDSI engine with 8 spark plugs to ensure complete combustion of the petrol injected. The new version is a IVTEC engine, different approach of engine design.

Hi all,

It's relatively straightforward to determine the country of origin simply by looking at the chassis number of car. For Made In Japan Honda's for official export (ie, via Kah Motors), the chassis should read JHxxxxxx..... where J stands for Japan, and H stands for Honda.

The same applies to Toyotas.... JTxxxxxx.... but in the case of the wish, the model was originally never designed for export so this nomenclature may not apply. If it's a JDM (Japan Domestic Model) that was built for Japan use but sold to Borneo directly from Japan, the chassis number could start with ZNExxxx...... which is what the Parallel Import cars start with.

For Made in Thailand cars (for official export), the chassis numbers I've seen usually start with MRxxxx...... but I am not sure if this applies to the Wish 'cause I've never seen one.

Hope this was useful.

Please see also http://www.answers.com/topic/toyota-vin-codes for a simple explanation for Toyota's that were designed for export to the US. It generally applies though. Please note that for PI cars, the above does not apply as most of the the PI cars are designed for local Japanese use. An interesting example of deviation is the old Nissan Prairie and Primera from Tan Chong which didn't start with JNxxxxx so those cars could be JDM models specifically allowed for export to SG via the official route.

[Dj_spike] Re: New Jazz vs Old Jazz - Fuel consumption worse [in reply to] Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Agree and its not a fair comparison as old jazz using a fuel saving IDSI engine with 8 spark plugs to ensure complete combustion of the petrol injected. The new version is a IVTEC engine, different approach of engine design.

--------------------------------

If I remember correctly, the old Fit 1.3L vtec is the award winner in fuel economy, but strange that the new Fit 1.3L ivtec is not. I thought ivtec should be more fuel economy then old vtec ?

Neutral Newbie
can check out the singapore jazz and fit forum... they got a fair bit of fuel consumption discussion there...

cheers

Yeah... probably due to the constant kick in of the iVtec engine at reportedly lower rpms.... sign [:(]

Moreover, the main reason is also the gear box. i owned the old one before. cvt is definitely a sipper as compared to this 5 speeder.

Hi all, need your expert input on Jazz/Fit's fuel consumption.

I am doing sales work now, got an ESi (old lady), realize the FC is too high and not suitable for my job running around. On average, my old ESi FC is 10km/lit. Quite normal for many cars, but i need cars that can cut down my operating cost.

Heard many that Jazz / Fit, Vios, Colt Plus have good FC. How through it is my dear drivers? My last month fuel $ boosted up to $600 (not high for some but surely a kick on me). Now i am sourcing another drive as workhorse for my profession. Cars with low maintenance cost, good FC.

Thank you in advance.

get a second hand fit pre-facelift around 2006-7 batch, should have one of the best fc or a second hand vios , both have good fc and are relatively low on maintenance , but vios has a slight problem with the brakes so just drive carefully.

Edited by CH_CO

If just solely on cutting fuel costs and not worry about overpaying for a secondhand or new car then go ahead!

My jazz average fuel consumption is 11km/l based on distance/fuel volume calculation.

Any small engine car will suit.

VW 1.4polo is nice too.

Depends on whether your company subsidy on fuel alone or also on the new car installment.

Hi all, need your expert input on Jazz/Fit's fuel consumption.

I am doing sales work now, got an ESi (old lady), realize the FC is too high and not suitable for my job running around. On average, my old ESi FC is 10km/lit. Quite normal for many cars, but i need cars that can cut down my operating cost.

Heard many that Jazz / Fit, Vios, Colt Plus have good FC. How through it is my dear drivers? My last month fuel $ boosted up to $600 (not high for some but surely a kick on me). Now i am sourcing another drive as workhorse for my profession. Cars with low maintenance cost, good FC.

Thank you in advance.

to change car just to save 2-3km/litre of fuel.... worth it ?