New Jazz vs Old Jazz - Fuel consumption worse

Alee

i regularly get 14-15km/L on my fit.for your $600 petrol bill, that makes enough sense if your monthly installment increase is significantly offset by the reduction in fuel cost.

↡ Advertisement

Hi all, need your expert input on Jazz/Fit's fuel consumption.

I am doing sales work now, got an ESi (old lady), realize the FC is too high and not suitable for my job running around. On average, my old ESi FC is 10km/lit. Quite normal for many cars, but i need cars that can cut down my operating cost.

Heard many that Jazz / Fit, Vios, Colt Plus have good FC. How through it is my dear drivers? My last month fuel $ boosted up to $600 (not high for some but surely a kick on me). Now i am sourcing another drive as workhorse for my profession. Cars with low maintenance cost, good FC.

Thank you in advance.

what is your mileage a week?

Neutral Newbie

04-07 vios should fit in your needs.

Consumption for mine(Auto) is ard 15km/l,abt 600+km per tank.

70/30 Highway/City drive pattern.

Bone stock since new.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Thank you all for the advise. Sorry for such late reply. Didn't get any notification.

I have just bought a 07 Fit. Milage is abt 65,000km. Very smooth power transition and very quiet (unlike my old Civic ESi). Bought it as my old Civcs spoil and not worth the $ to repair.

Was looking for Colt Plus & Fit and may told me get Fit for it's lower fuel consumption. Just got it yesterday, still doing fuel consumption trial. HAs clocked coming to 200km on the meter and fuel level mainain at 70% - 75%.

I travel quite alot apart from my work. Hence, a efficient is most require. Imagine 1 lit i can saves 3km. 10 lit is 30km and and full tank of 35lit (when the fuel light come up) can saves me coming to a hundred kilometers. I top up my Civics 2 times a week, meaning coming to 80 lit of gaso i need to keep it (us) alive.

My old civic is underpower hence, fuel efficiency is never proportion to power deliver. A car that can give me lowest FC is the best choice. Furthermore Honda is so far quite reliable though abit expensive.

I guessed my Fit belongs t some bro in the FJ forum... it still bears the car decal.

Btw, where can i find the servicing or user manual? May i know 07 Fit is belong to which tech model? Like the Civic got the EK9...

Thank you all. Nice ride.

Edited by Intruder

Thank you all for the advise. Sorry for such late reply. Didn't get any notification.

I have just bought a 07 Fit. Milage is abt 65,000km. Very smooth power transition and very quiet (unlike my old Civic ESi). Bought it as my old Civcs spoil and not worth the $ to repair.

Was looking for Colt Plus & Fit and may told me get Fit for it's lower fuel consumption. Just got it yesterday, still doing fuel consumption trial. HAs clocked coming to 200km on the meter and fuel level mainain at 70% - 75%.

I travel quite alot apart from my work. Hence, a efficient is most require. Imagine 1 lit i can saves 3km. 10 lit is 30km and and full tank of 35lit (when the fuel light come up) can saves me coming to a hundred kilometers. I top up my Civics 2 times a week, meaning coming to 80 lit of gaso i need to keep it (us) alive.

My old civic is underpower hence, fuel efficiency is never proportion to power deliver. A car that can give me lowest FC is the best choice. Furthermore Honda is so far quite reliable though abit expensive.

I guessed my Fit belongs t some bro in the FJ forum... it still bears the car decal.

Btw, where can i find the servicing or user manual? May i know 07 Fit is belong to which tech model? Like the Civic got the EK9...

Thank you all. Nice ride.

Are you on the FJ forum??? If yes go ask. Enthusiasts are generally very happy to talk about their previous baby's :D

I felt that Fc differs from countries due to terrain, traffic condition, vehicle spec.

rural country side almost zero traffic condition of large countries vs ultra urban and heavy traffic condition of ours will have different results.

• Praise 1

I felt that Fc differs from countries due to terrain, traffic condition, vehicle spec.

rural country side almost zero traffic condition of large countries vs ultra urban and heavy traffic condition of ours will have different results.

i feel that temperature of the country plays the biggest role.

if its cold, FC is much better.

colder, denser air during combustion.

no need for aircon.

• Praise 1

congrats on ur new ride.

i hope the FC is really as good as what u hope for.

i believe 13-14km/litre should be easily achievable.

That's a very important factor.

Especially driving along long stretch of cold country side flat road.

Neutral Newbie

Hi All,

I just purchased a Honda Fit 2008 model early this year, noticed that it's fuel consumption has been with a very high. Initially i was still able to travel 280km with 3/4 tank and recently i only managed to hit 255km with 3/4 tank which is about 8km/L.

Just sent my car for servicing recently, cleaned air filter increased tyre air pressure but it seems like it's not imroving. Can anyone help on this? Thanks!

Start with the fuel injectors. Use fuel system cleaner. You can buy from autobacs I think, Redline S1 fuel system cleaner or Techron fuel system cleaner. This will help remove carbon build up on your fuel injectors.

Next to check are the spark plugs and if possible clean the throttle body.

Neutral Newbie

Brought my cae to a mechanic to check on my car fuel consumption problem currently 7.5L/km. Check with the scan tool and found no problems with my o2 sensor, temperature etc.. Even teat drive the car and found no problems. Now i don't know how to solve my fuel consumption problem.

Brought my cae to a mechanic to check on my car fuel consumption problem currently 7.5L/km. Check with the scan tool and found no problems with my o2 sensor, temperature etc.. Even teat drive the car and found no problems. Now i don't know how to solve my fuel consumption problem.

wow, 7.5km/L for a fit 08.

That is indeed very bad for a B&B car. your full tank should give you less than 350km.

Have you tried changing to a thinner oil? Has the consumption pattern always been like that?

Is your FC 7.5l/100km or 7.5km/l?

If it's the former then it's equivalent to 13.3km/l which is good!

If it's the later than of course it sucks.

• Praise 8

Neutral Newbie

It was previously 8.8 km/l then went up to 9.7km/l after servicing. But the next tank dropped to 7.5km/l. It is 7.5km/l not 7.5l/100km. :(

↡ Advertisement