New Jazz vs Old Jazz - Fuel consumption worse

Alee

u may wish to check any issue w handbrake or foot brake n wheel alignment issue. Else may b clutch or gb issue. The fc is like SUV or mayb slightly worse.

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic

If the car has no probs, only thing i can think of is that its used mostly for very short trips.

• Praise 2

It was previously 8.8 km/l then went up to 9.7km/l after servicing. But the next tank dropped to 7.5km/l. It is 7.5km/l not 7.5l/100km. :(

Sounds really bad, considering that it's almost like my previous heavy-weight MPV reaching 10 years!

Like what bro Baal mentioned, if it's a normal car then usage pattern / driver behaviour would be the culprit. Even my Jazz (5mth old) can only do 8.4km/l for my short trip to the neighbourhood coffeeshop, and that's with gentle driving.... though I'm doubtful your full tank is used completely for start-stop traffic only...

Neutral Newbie

I can feel the drag on low gears when I release the accelerator but on high gears it's still ok. Doesn't feel the same with my parent's car. Is this how the cvt gearbox works?

Most of my trips are short. And i hardly get on the expressway. The 9.7km/l is after I got on the expressway a few times with that tank. Is it normal for fit to get 7.5km/l on short trips?

Do you sleep in the car or use it as cradle for baby to fall asleep and stay in slumberland? Or watch movie etc? That is the only reason I can think of.

Not sure if tyre pressures and perhaps previous accidents change FC so significantly also.

old Jazz is iDSi engine and new is i-VTEC.

iDSi engines are pretty good at FC and when I had the Jazz, I could easily hit 18km/L on RON92 fuel. Amazing FC..

My pre-owned 2008 Jazz, iDSI (8 plugs) engine, bought in March 2015, is able to clock 18km/lit with SPC92 (80 expressway and 20 city route)

Did a Terraclean, EO Bardahl, aircon flushed, etc at SG Garage.

8 pcs of Plugs replaced at Honda service centre for $68.00.

Can any Bros recommend reasonable price brand and ws to replace shock absorbers and brake pads with "minimum dust"

Thanks.

Hi All,

I just purchased a Honda Fit 2008 model early this year, noticed that it's fuel consumption has been with a very high. Initially i was still able to travel 280km with 3/4 tank and recently i only managed to hit 255km with 3/4 tank which is about 8km/L.

Just sent my car for servicing recently, cleaned air filter increased tyre air pressure but it seems like it's not imroving. Can anyone help on this? Thanks!

vehicle history?

perhaps major work/damage/over hual to engine before that wasnt fully repaired?

↡ Advertisement