Prev geneneration Mazda 6

Riverfish

Hi,

Recently suffering from the backside itch syndrome. Eyeing those 2-3 year second hand Mazda 6 (previous generation). There seem to be quite a few variations of this car, and I couldn't find the diff after searching up and down. Hence hoping experts here can shed some lights:

1) the hatchback model looks exactly like the sedan? Confused.

2) what's the diff between normal and sports version

3) what is this MPS version?

Thanks in advance.

↡ Advertisement

1) hatch has rear wiper, and a gentler rear windscreen slope. Opens like a hatch. I think its called 5-door notchback

2) is there a sports version? only 2.0 and 2.3L versions, with the latter equipped with bodykit and twin exhaust. The 2.3L hatch is the sportiest looking.

3) MPS uses a 2.3L turbo block, with primitive all wheel drive.

Neutral Newbie

Yup. Mazda 6 SP is the facelift version of the old model. Its 2L churns out approx 149bhp and 5 speed auto with twin exhausts. It comes with onboard computer and cruise control which are not found in the new Mz6 2L.

I find it a very good car, decent space, sporty looks and quite fuel efficient. (approx 12km/L). Servicing is not expensive if when I did it with AD MM.

I see. 12km/L is indeed decent fc for a 2.0L car.

Yeah, i'm also quite surprised that the new 6 doesn't come with cruise control and trip computer except for the top-of-the-line version.

Starts from $84k for the 2.0V version. But it doesn't come with cruise control or trip computer. To get those things you have to fork out $96k for the 2.5 version.

price is quite reasonable....dunno why i stil dun see much on the roads despite being launched for almost coming a yr.... sweatdrop.gif

so bro which u going for? the new or 2nd hand?

2nd hand coz I would like the cruise control and trip computer. It's quite a nice car, don't understand why it's not popular among Singaporeans. A friend of mine has 2 mazda6, one for himself and one for his wife. [sly]

btw, are Mazda cars sold here made in Japan?

ya made in japan.

any feedback abt the car from your 2 car owner fren?

this car was in my shortlist before. anyw me looking to change in the next few months.

need an auto.. laugh.gif

unless frenqently up NSHW, otherwise, cruise control is unless. nice to know you have it only. i would say it a very nice ride physically compared to some same class famous brand. i had 5 good years with the 1st generation.

mazda is less popular as its a much smaller company and most of the time ppl didn't like the fc. but, the built quality is very co's its coming from the land of the rising sun.