Prev geneneration Mazda 6

Riverfish

Yup. Mazda 6 SP is the facelift version of the old model. Its 2L churns out approx 149bhp and 5 speed auto with twin exhausts. It comes with onboard computer and cruise control which are not found in the new Mz6 2L.

I find it a very good car, decent space, sporty looks and quite fuel efficient. (approx 12km/L). Servicing is not expensive if when I did it with AD MM.

[nod] Somehow i find MM's pricing for servicing car to be quite reasonable.

↡ Advertisement

price is quite reasonable....dunno why i stil dun see much on the roads despite being launched for almost coming a yr.... sweatdrop.gif

so bro which u going for? the new or 2nd hand?

Becos it is not a honda or toyota. If this exactly same model is sold under any of these 2 brands, the sales will at least double [laugh]

Becos it is not a honda or toyota. If this exactly same model is sold under any of these 2 brands, the sales will at least double laugh.gif

====

wah this is damn true of sg mkt.....totally agree! laugh.gif

Neutral Newbie
unless frenqently up NSHW, otherwise, cruise control is unless. nice to know you have it only. i would say it a very nice ride physically compared to some same class famous brand. i had 5 good years with the 1st generation.

mazda is less popular as its a much smaller company and most of the time ppl didn't like the fc. but, the built quality is very co's its coming from the land of the rising sun.

Not true le. I live in Woodlands and I need to frequent airport very frequently. Esp at night, when traffic is light, I can set cruise control and crusie all the way. Very good and relaxing...haha

Second to you I am driving Mazda 6 SP 2006, especially driving at late night or early morning in the express way, just set the cruise control to 90 kmh and relax. Mazda 6 built quality is quite top notch compared to tomyam Honda Acord or tomyam Camry.

Cruise control is totally useless in Singapore unless you are always travelling on expressways between 2am - 5am. But driving at this time of the day on cruise control along the expressway is bound to make you sleepy and get involved in potential accidents. My car's cruise control is totally untouched because I never travel at that time of the day. Majority don't.

Second hand Mazdas are fine but brand new Mazdas such as the MZ6 are overpriced. The MZ2.5 for eg has an OMV of 25k but priced at 96k compared to 29k OMV for Camry with a 94k price tag. That is an additional 8-9k profit margin for the Mazda dealer which the buyer will realise only when he sells his car.

we are neighbour, i stay around sembawang.

if i am on the road at night, usualy i am the only one awake (wiffy & kids sleeping).

i bo-cruise mood, dive fast-fast go home sleep.

you song-lah, got mood to cruise from north to east...btw, u keep right lane sibo? i sometime wonder why car in front cruising slow-slow, you right?

2nd hand coz I would like the cruise control and trip computer. It's quite a nice car, don't understand why it's not popular among Singaporeans. A friend of mine has 2 mazda6, one for himself and one for his wife. [sly]

btw, are Mazda cars sold here made in Japan?

mazda6 is a nice car to drive and own in singapore. Design wise it is also modern and stylish. comes with resoanble 5 speed transmission too. the twin exhaust also makes it very sporty. Since the zoom zoom vision of mzda took hold, they have always tried to build nice cars to drive and own. I also like the fact that they hace black interiors and red illumination like bmw [thumbsup]

the only thing that is a let down are the engines. Engine technology is way behind Honda and Toyota and Nissan. Their 2.0L and 2.5 L engines are not very powerful and the car is not the fastest or smoothest or quiestest off the mark. It will however be enough for most people. A business class style of car, good for the up and coming executive with a small family [flowerface]

personally, i would buy the 2.0L Honda Accord for sportiness. if one's budget allows. the new cefiro 2.5L (V6 but CVT) and toyota 2.4L ( 5 speed) are good choices [cool]

WE are in the midst of recession, ..The car market is really bad now......the consumer is king....u can make a good bargin at the ADs. [idea]

yup, mazda is always overpriced in the beginning. simply apply the omv x2.4 +coe rule and calculate how much profit they make.... [sweatdrop]

a well mantained and low mileage mazda 2,3, or 6 is a good buy [sly]

OOT:

You guys seen the type of cruise control like the ones in the Lexus LS600 or those in S350 ones?

They keep a distant from the car in front.

Front car brake = the car auto brake too.

Seems cool!

Hope they will become avaliable in smaller cars soon!

Edited by Nazaki

Just wondering?

Applying the omv x 2.4 + coe rule, what is the profit margin an AD or PI makes that is considered a good deal for the buyer?

My car earned the AD $12k, is that too much?

when i turn 70, maybe would need those luxury/advance/retard cruise control (auto stop). for now, just want to enjoy/engage with the ride, feel more alive, that's the zoom-zoom motto.

↡ Advertisement