Parking free at MSCP @ Red Star (Chin Swee) on SUnday?

Foofam77

Red Star got strong mouldy smell..

Food and svc sucks as per se..

Dim sum for me will be only at Imperial Teasure Nanbei Rest. at Taka 5th floor...

Edited by Freeder
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 8

nbz.. people asking parking info becomes a discussion about dim sum :D

Why care about the parking when the restaurant standard is about the same as a kopitiam dim sum?

Usually avoid Red Star during dim sum period on weekends. Food is still not bad but really frustrated by the crowds - which I find nowadays consist more of the younger hipster folks drawn to the restaurant's retro reputation. 

Dinner there though is still a nice experience; especially enjoy their roast dishes and desserts. Who remembers the older days when the "uncle" band would play on the stage as entertainment during dinner period?   

• Praise 3

This one nvr try but since u say not good then i dont bother to try lol

I think u go crystal jade restaurants or even soup restaurant for dim sum is better than going to red star.

Another old school restaurant is beng hiang. I find the food so so still prefer my cheap and affordable ban heng hehe

Lunch time. But the pushing cart is an experience. Not many restaurants are doing that nowadays unless u go hk

People go on account of the push carts... And even in HK also lesser and lesser carts already... Hard to maintain and find people who want to

do that - especially the carrot cake cart...

Why care about the parking when the restaurant standard is about the same as a kopitiam dim sum?

Because it is kopitiam standard at restaurant prices, that's why need to save on parking mah.. LOL

Usually avoid Red Star during dim sum period on weekends. Food is still not bad but really frustrated by the crowds - which I find nowadays consist more of the younger hipster folks drawn to the restaurant's retro reputation.

Dinner there though is still a nice experience; especially enjoy their roast dishes and desserts. Who remembers the older days when the "uncle" band would play on the stage as entertainment during dinner period?

Haha if u find it not bad. U really haven't been to many dim sum places. I can safely say it's probably the worst ever restaurant dim sums I've ever eaten.

People go on account of the push carts... And even in HK also lesser and lesser carts already... Hard to maintain and find people who want to

Thats like saying staying in kampong and crapping into a smelly hole is like nostalgic experience. Lol.
  • Praise 1

Thats like saying staying in kampong and crapping into a smelly hole is like nostalgic experience. Lol.

Eh.. don't speak too soon... really got youngsters these days doing it hor...

Turbocharged

Push carts going robotic. Got people want to do also tan bo jiak liao.

Haha if u find it not bad. U really haven't been to many dim sum places. I can safely say it's probably the worst ever restaurant dim sums I've ever eaten.

I think going for dim sum in hawker or kopitiam might taste better than redstar
  • Praise 1

Whats at the OG?

4TH FLOOR children section = playground. Wifey would shop at the 2nd floor swansong (toiletries).

Generally I would avoid the sunday morning chin swee car park. After 1pm lot should be available.

Another alternative of foc (illegal parking) is up the slope (road) bedside the seng song. I think should be pearl hill park.

i wouldn't call it the best dim sum, but also not the worst. It's at least better than Crystal Jade for me. And not many dim sum places still offer traditional dishes like black vinegar pig trotters  [thumbsup] .

4TH FLOOR children section = playground. Wifey would shop at the 2nd floor swansong (toiletries).

Generally I would avoid the sunday morning chin swee car park. After 1pm lot should be available.

Another alternative of foc (illegal parking) is up the slope (road) bedside the seng song. I think should be pearl hill park.

That Swanston toiletries shop can also get super packed on weekends. But some of the hawker stores below are really worth braving the crowds for - Fong Kee fried dumpling and the roast pork store facing OG are great old Cantonese faves.    

↡ Advertisement