Monk assistant gets $37k fine for his prawn collection

Apollo

Cash from ill gotten charity proceeds perhaps? [confused] I thought monks swear to celibacy how come got prawn collection? [whip]

He is trying to test his mental strenght and faith against Lust.

↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic

monks who dont lust for materials will live a simple life.

if monks still want big cars big houses, it meant he is not yet ready for monkhood.

I think these monk who drives big cars and private houses are not into monlhood. They are just using the image of monklhod toachieve their materialistic desire.. Most devotee don't dare to question the ways of a monk..

(edited)

I could still vividly remember the TV scene when he pleaded in tears for donations immediately after the Durai incident.

He was telling the audience not to let a bad Durai apple take away the trust and faith in Charity.

Now we are seeing this...[shakehead]

Even worst than Durai. At least, Durai is a typical human that want money but go astray. But as a monk, he should be already cut away his family tie, no luxury, no properity, no CEO title and with nothing. That why they even bota with no hair. some even don't wear slipper. Only corrupted monk will use ppls compassion by their donation and has more $$$$$ than us. Is this a typical modern monk with different rule set? How come he still got mother to call? Isn't monk has no mother at all?

Edited by Axela72

my buddhist colleague said that watever this monk has done...he will be punished accordingly by the heaven. we sld not scold him coz by doing so, its scolding buddha...afterall he was robed by buddha.

my buddhist colleague said that watever this monk has done...he will be punished accordingly by the heaven. we sld not scold him coz by doing so, its scolding buddha...afterall he was robed by buddha.

Behind that robe is just a man. What punishment? Long time ago he already laughed all the way to the bank, song song until jurong. Can't you see he has that smirk on his face?

If he believed that there's a heaven, you think he would do all these things? Many ppl are fooled by that botak dressed in a monk robe.

(edited)

How come he is not punish disrobe by the temple? You watch the shoulin temple show, any monk that make mistake need to face the wall or stay seclude in a cave for long long yr example 20 yrs. or being kick out from the temple. Will that happen to this con artist?

In the 1st place, Monk shouldn't even come out from the limelight to do charity. Why he so kapo? Aren't they supposed not to keep in touch with society? Something is wrong when a monk can hold a title of a CEO to run business. Is this the 20th cntury monk? Why no one ever question that right in the 1st place and let him enjoy his happening life with more than 10 to 20k salary a mth?

I thought only catholic priest will do that based on the past incident. Now our chinese monk also do that to break the record. What a disgrace to our reglion

Edited by Axela72

(edited)

How come he is not punish disrobe by the temple? You watch the shoulin temple show, any monk that make mistake need to face the wall or stay seclude in a cave for long long yr example 20 yrs. or being kick out from the temple. Will that happen to this con artist?

In the 1st place, Monk shouldn't even come out from the limelight to do charity. Why he so kapo? Aren't they supposed not to keep in touch with society? Something is wrong when a monk can hold a title of a CEO to run business. Is this the 20th cntury monk? Why no one ever question that right in the 1st place and let him enjoy his happening life with more than 10 to 20k salary a mth?

I thought only catholic priest will do that based on the past incident. Now our chinese monk also do that to break the record. What a disgrace to our reglion

be it catholic priest or buddhist monk or etc...all still have to breath eat and sh*it....

Edited by Throttle2

be it catholic priest or buddhist monk or etc...all still have to breath eat and sh*it....

They are different. All Catholic still keep intouch with the society. They conduct speeches, preach to ppls attend their church daily, with choir and events in touch with women etc. So chances for them to get corrupted is so much higher. But for monk, they dont have such practice, except for this particular monk

Even worst than Durai. At least, Durai is a typical human that want money but go astray. But as a monk, he should be already cut away his family tie, no luxury, no properity, no CEO title and with nothing. That why they even bota with no hair. some even don't wear slipper. Only corrupted monk will use ppls compassion by their donation and has more $$$$$ than us. Is this a typical modern monk with different rule set? How come he still got mother to call? Isn't monk has no mother at all?

agree with you. At least TT Durai seems not as bad as him, because he is working for the money. For Ming Yi, his is a case of a wolf wearing a sheep's skin, literally.

I could still vividly remember the TV scene when he pleaded in tears for donations immediately after the Durai incident.

He was telling the audience not to let a bad Durai apple take away the trust and faith in Charity.

Now we are seeing this...[shakehead]

Haiz ... [shakehead][shakehead][shakehead]

Behind that robe is just a man. What punishment? Long time ago he already laughed all the way to the bank, song song until jurong. Can't you see he has that smirk on his face?

If he believed that there's a heaven, you think he would do all these things? Many ppl are fooled by that botak dressed in a monk robe.

I can see it by the fact that there are still countless pple who gives $$$ to those "monks & nuns" on the streets asking for "alms"

They are different. All Catholic still keep intouch with the society. They conduct speeches, preach to ppls attend their church daily, with choir and events in touch with women etc. So chances for them to get corrupted is so much higher. But for monk, they dont have such practice, except for this particular monk

I always see many monks in PC shows & sim lim sq leh. They r also very tech savvy. So who says they r out of touch of the world?

↡ Advertisement