Monk assistant gets $37k fine for his prawn collection

Apollo

They are different. All Catholic still keep intouch with the society. They conduct speeches, preach to ppls attend their church daily, with choir and events in touch with women etc. So chances for them to get corrupted is so much higher. But for monk, they dont have such practice, except for this particular monk

I always see many monks in PC shows & sim lim sq leh. They r also very tech savvy. So who says they r out of touch of the world?

Actually I am comparing the majority la. For priest, it is their routine duty. look at some of the hot babes that attending their preach, classes, sunday church etc. For monk, typically, they only stay inside their temple and praying.... nian ji pai fou......

btw, how u know those monk you saw in sim lim sq are from Singapore but not from Thailand visiting?

↡ Advertisement

Do you think some part of the donation money has also gone into his mother pocket?

base on the revelation in the court under srutinisation from the prosecutor, chances are, what has been confessed are but the tip of the ice burg. it doesnt take a lawyer to derive that.

Actually I am comparing the majority la. For priest, it is their routine duty. look at some of the hot babes that attending their preach, classes, sunday church etc. For monk, typically, they only stay inside their temple and praying.... nian ji pai fou......

btw, how u know those monk you saw in sim lim sq are from Singapore but not from Thailand visiting?

Huh? When did i mention abt singapore monks or thai monks?

Turbocharged

I can see it by the fact that there are still countless pple who gives $$ to those "monks & nuns" on the streets asking for "alms"

it is an insult to give money to monks/nuns if they go around asking for alms.. by right you should drop food inside the bowl.. of course, not that spoonful or strand of noodle you eat halfway lah.. things like bread, fruits and biscuits are ok.

it is an insult to give money to monks/nuns if they go around asking for alms.. by right you should drop food inside the bowl.. of course, not that spoonful or strand of noodle you eat halfway lah.. things like bread, fruits and biscuits are ok.

I see, din know that. But in this case, they can refuse the $ given or can put a sign on their bowl or smething like that indicating not to give $.

Neutral Newbie

Thought those monks going around asking for $ were busted as fakes by the papers some time ago

They are still everywhere. Very easy to fake as one. Just cut botak and wear a robe. Saw one yesterday at the hawker centre.

They are different. All Catholic still keep intouch with the society. They conduct speeches, preach to ppls attend their church daily, with choir and events in touch with women etc. So chances for them to get corrupted is so much higher. But for monk, they dont have such practice, except for this particular monk

I agree with your opinion.

especially for high level monks who are supposed to be "free" from worldly desires.

but that is why i said man will be man will be man.

can control some things but not all things

base on the revelation in the court under srutinisation from the prosecutor, chances are, what has been confessed are but the tip of the ice burg. it doesnt take a lawyer to derive that.

What a fillial son. Even become monk still can take care of his mother. If somebody son is a gay, this will be a good vocation for him too.

[thumbsup]

He's the only one who knows what is his desires and what he had really done.

Whatever the outcome that is going to transpire in court, it depends on the judge.

He wears a robe and says he serves the society with grace but now Buddha is punishing him.

Retribution ? Karma ? So, what goes around really comes around.

Turbocharged

The case has dragged on for about 1 year. To fight a case this long would require a lot of financial resources.

Where is the money going to come from? Even if he were to pay the legal fees through his own pocket, this money would have come from the donations of the general public.

Even though he may not be found guilty of graft or corruption in the end, the life-style which he is leading is already very wrong: living in condo, drive posh car, buy bungalow etc.

It should be about time to conclude the case soon and save the legal expenses.

Turbocharged

my buddhist colleague said that watever this monk has done...he will be punished accordingly by the heaven. we sld not scold him coz by doing so, its scolding buddha...afterall he was robed by buddha.

As someone commented in another thread, if Buddha is still alive today, these monks will get a knock on their head.

Turbocharged

Sometimes, the more I look at the 2 cases; NKF and Renci. It reminds me of Disneyland.

When the costume comes on, its show time. Consumders' wants it. Suspended reality. Its like seeing Mickey Mouse & Friends at Disneyland. Who cares if the person beneath the costume is a total ars**ole? We love him all the same.

So in the monk's case, he was just dressing up for the event. Show time and lotsa people bought it. I am not trying to be cynical but he wouldn't have been able to pull this one off if he arrived in a Ferrari and Armani on every public event, right?

Turbocharged

We are seeing many cases where monks seem to be leading a luxurious life-style.

If we impose a law here that monks could not drive big cars and stay in big houses, I believe many would resign from monkhood.

↡ Advertisement