Anyone driving Subaru Legacy 2.0R here ?

Darth_mel

Yes it's from the dealer at commonwealth. I also thought of sending the car to pro scooby workshops for a check first before buying but not sure if the dealer will allow me to do so.

Thats what I am worried about too, servicing has been overdued for 7k mileage and it kinda contradicts with what the dealer told me (Car is in very good condition with full servicing records with agent from the previous owner). If the previous owner took such good care of the car, its unlikely he will delay servicing for so long.

What needs to be done if the diffs ain't happy? does it call for a diff oil change immediately? not too worried about the sound system as I can live without the subwoofer lol. Any other major repairs done on your legacy other than AC compressor? Glad to hear that your legacy is still going strong despite all the negative feedbacks i received from friends on how bad subaru cars are which i chose not to believe [laugh]

lol don't believe dealer unless he produces the service paperwork.

If dealer don't allow u to send to wkshop for check, walk away.

diffs - depends on the extent of damage (if any). If no weird noises then no worries.

I'm on my 3rd Subaru now (total abt 11yr+). Subaru bad ah? lol

why don't try this

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=510641&DL=1277

same YOM, mileage only 98k, 1k expensive than your favor one

hard to believe this is the true mileage (dealer car, two previous owners).

if indeed true, agreed this is probably a safer buy.

Hi Quantum,

Saw this car too but dont really fancy the colour [:p]

Hi Auto_emocion,

I think its quite common for the dashboard to have cracks, viewed 2 legacies previously and both have cracked dashboards. As for dealers, they usually have it replaced to a new one already.

Hi John,

When I asked the dealer if he can pull out all the servicing records from MI, he told me MI doesn't allow that, only can pull out last service records [thumbsdown]

I will request to send to workshop for checks first, maybe at SPT, as recommended by my colleague.

haha that's just the general impression people have for subarus which I dont know why. Good in a way too, making it a less common car on the roads [thumbsup]

Hi John,

When I asked the dealer if he can pull out all the servicing records from MI, he told me MI doesn't allow that, only can pull out last service records [thumbsdown]

yeah that's why they can say whatever they want w.r.t. MI service. Just take it with a large pinch of salt.

u mentioned timing belt done already.. got proof? or dealer say one.

Hi Quantum,

Saw this car too but dont really fancy the colour [:p]

Hi Auto_emocion,

I think its quite common for the dashboard to have cracks, viewed 2 legacies previously and both have cracked dashboards. As for dealers, they usually have it replaced to a new one already.

Hi John,

I will request to send to workshop for checks first, maybe at SPT, as recommended by my colleague.

haha that's just the general impression people have for subarus which I dont know why. Good in a way too, making it a less common car on the roads [thumbsup]

The remark about MI only allowing last service record sounds fishy to me, like got something to hide. Maybe it's true but just need to be careful about this point, maybe can try verify with MI.

The dashboard crack happen to my legacy as well around the 7th year. The killer is the sun and what you need is a sunshade.

Good thing about the legacy at least for my case is that fuel consumption stays the same at 10.5km/l for my 9 years of ownership using 95.

Happy shopping for your legacy.

• Praise 1

yeah that's why they can say whatever they want w.r.t. MI service. Just take it with a large pinch of salt.

u mentioned timing belt done already.. got proof? or dealer say one.

Dealer said one [laugh] Told me thats what he managed to get from MI. Anyway, what he said is quite contradicting, said MI only can give last servicing record but dont know how he managed to get the info timing belt was changed at 190k [thumbsup]

The remark about MI only allowing last service record sounds fishy to me, like got something to hide. Maybe it's true but just need to be careful about this point, maybe can try verify with MI.

The dashboard crack happen to my legacy as well around the 7th year. The killer is the sun and what you need is a sunshade.

Good thing about the legacy at least for my case is that fuel consumption stays the same at 10.5km/l for my 9 years of ownership using 95.

Happy shopping for your legacy.

Will definitely double check with MI if I am getting the car. The dashboard crack seems quite common among legacies, and the cost of replacing isnt cheap.. around 700-800 bucks?

Am surprised that your mileage is so good! about the same as my altis now. Still slowly looking around for my legacy since there are not many available on sgcarmart :(

Dealer said one [laugh] Told me thats what he managed to get from MI. Anyway, what he said is quite contradicting, said MI only can give last servicing record but dont know how he managed to get the info timing belt was changed at 190k [thumbsup]

LOL better don't take his word. I'm not sure if wkshop can look at the timing belt to gauge if a change is due soon. A complete timing belt package is abt sgd1000 or so.

if u r not aware, due to Subaru's interference engine design, if the timing belt breaks while the engine is running, the engine will need to be rebuilt. Thus best not to drag timing belt replacement intervals.

LOL better don't take his word. I'm not sure if wkshop can look at the timing belt to gauge if a change is due soon. A complete timing belt package is abt sgd1000 or so.

if u r not aware, due to Subaru's interference engine design, if the timing belt breaks while the engine is running, the engine will need to be rebuilt. Thus best not to drag timing belt replacement intervals.

Yes, SPT workshop is able to do that. To have a peace of mind, most probably I will change it immediately after my purchase.. How much mileage can a timing belt last?

Yes, SPT workshop is able to do that. To have a peace of mind, most probably I will change it immediately after my purchase.. How much mileage can a timing belt last?

officially 100k, but most pple I know change at 80k to be safe

esp if often stuck in jam or idling

Any bros can advise if it is advisable to purchase a 2nd hand legacy that is close to 220k mileage?

What are the potential problems and parts that need to be changed? Assuming Engine, Gearbox got no issue and timing belt have been changed at 190k mileage.

Thanks!

just take note those newer 2.0R model made after Oct 2007 model are detune to 150hp , max rpm 6700k

Those older model made before Sep 2007(prefacelit and facelit model) have 165hp , max rpm 7000k

If you look at the engine bay and meter cluster you can see the different

officially 100k, but most pple I know change at 80k to be safe

esp if often stuck in jam or idling

Thanks for the tip! perhaps just change straight after purchase to be safe :)

just take note those newer 2.0R model made after Oct 2007 model are detune to 150hp , max rpm 6700k

Those older model made before Sep 2007(prefacelit and facelit model) have 165hp , max rpm 7000k

If you look at the engine bay and meter cluster you can see the different

Didnt realised that until you mentioned here. Is there any other differences between 07 model and 08 other than horsepower?

Thanks for the tip! perhaps just change straight after purchase to be safe :)

Didnt realised that until you mentioned here. Is there any other differences between 07 model and 08 other than horsepower?

i'm not very sure but most parts should be the same except for maybe the intake manifold , exhaust header and ECU tuning.

however if you compare the 165hp and 150hp engine bay side by side you can see different intake manifold and some component are missing in the 150hp engine bay

picture take from sgcarmart, both are facelit model

Mar 2007 165hp (facelit)

http://i.i-sgcm.com/cars_used/201408/422577_6b.jpg

Nov 2007 150hp (facelit)

http://i.i-sgcm.com/cars_used/201505/479260_4b.jpg

Edited by SGCMfreedom

i'm not very sure but most parts should be the same except for maybe the intake manifold , exhaust header and ECU tuning.

however if you compare the 165hp and 150hp engine bay side by side you can see different intake manifold and some component are missing in the 150hp engine bay

picture take from sgcarmart, both are facelit model

Mar 2007 165hp (facelit)

http://i.i-sgcm.com/cars_used/201408/422577_6b.jpg

Nov 2007 150hp (facelit)

http://i.i-sgcm.com/cars_used/201505/479260_4b.jpg

Seems that theres not much difference. Most probably I will just get the model before oct 2007 for additional bhp :P

Anyway, did u guys had any issues with the power window before? Went to view a legacy just now but realised that the speed of winding up windows seems to be slow and weak. Possible that the power window motor will fail soon?