Formula 1 Singapore GP Diary (Warning: Pics Intensive)

Beachboys

Great shot you got there. It's not easy to pan and get a good shot like this... i guess out of 2, there must be countless spoilt pics. [;)]

Keep up the good work.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Yes. the noise level is [hur]. Having the ear-plus is a MUST! And for those who bought tickets with seats, try not to go with a full stomach. After 1hr of droning from the practice session, will leave u with a queasy stomach. [:(]

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

I tried going under the Sheares bridge and it was really loud but great! I went there at 2 pm, went for dinner around 6 plus. The street circuit is definitely a good idea with all the convenience of nearby malls. Guess I must be a F1 Fanatic.

• Praise 1

understood, which was what I tried for some other shots, but too hard for a compact camera~

can't lug a DSLR + tripod around too, n the area + position which I was in, wasn't exactly comfortable too behind safety cages etc [sweatdrop]

great shot anyway [wave]

Agree! and seeing those cars behind the safety barrier is like seeing animal in the zoo. Panning will help reducing the fence effect also.

nice shot you got there [cool] I think it will be too much to ask already if you have to concentrate on your job as well as the photography part [sweatdrop]

I'm thinking if you can try to shoot at some unusual angle instead of eye level ....if in the first place there's some opening at the lower part of the 'cage' , then you've bag a prize winner [thumbsup]

-- 27th Sep --

Marina Sq was so packed n full of life, as compared to the previous day !!! Lots of Ferrari fanatics esp those with the huge flags !!

Won't show any car shots this time, since its pretty much the same~

Kimi, after crashing in the final practice session, was picked up by our Boundary Rider [drivingcar]

On the bike

01~1.jpg

02~1.jpg

Funny thing is that the ride dosen't take them all the way to the pit n Kimi has to disembark n walked the rest of it [laugh]

03~1.jpg

04~1.jpg

Celebrity race in Fiats (dunno which celebrities though, rumored Jackie Chan is one of them)

05~1.jpg

For those without tics + want to watch for free... have to guess where exactly this stretch is~

Although entire stretch was put up with banners on the fencing to prevent free watching...

This crazy crowd literally TORE down the banners when the race was on !!! [sweatdrop]

NOTHING will stop them from seeing the F1 cars~ [thumbsup]

06~1.jpg

Edited by Beachboys

again , great reporting shot!

I think I'll prefer all these 'behind the scene' reportage shot to 'feel' the atmosphere for those who wasn't there instead of the usual F1 car shots. [thumbsup][thumbsup]

Celebrity race in Fiats (dunno which celebrities though, rumored Jackie Chan is one of them)

"Celebrity Race" my arse! [furious]

the idiotic organisers got reporters from various papers/mags to drive the turtle-speed Fiat 500s around.

bloody waste of track time! [rifle]

point is:

no one gives a rat's arse about so-called celebs driving on our F1 track,

especially in turtle-speed Fiat 500s! boredom extreme!

i rather watch beng WRX/Evos etc, chiong the track,

at least they'll be much faster and have the balls to drive to the limit.

or if want to make it classy, can get the rich fellows with their GTRs, Ferraris, Lambos etc,

even if they don't drive on the limit, at least they're eye candy.

must wake up the organiser's idea for next year whip.gif

Edited by Eyke

actually i rather it rains heavily and then we can see how good the F1 driving license holders really are as well as it will provide even more excitment to the race so that people will forever remember singapore F1 . [lipsrsealed]

Agree! and seeing those cars behind the safety barrier is like seeing animal in the zoo. Panning will help reducing the fence effect also.

hmm...i manage to "poke" my 70-200mm thru the fence to shoot these

IMG_8728.jpg

IMG_8648.JPG

More here, my position not blocked by those fence [:)]

http://www.mycarforum.com/forum/Pictures_f...dstand_P2546548

only this pic blocked by the stupid fence

IMG_8309.JPG

spin.gif

Edited by Kwchan
↡ Advertisement