Hong Kong: HK holiday - Where to go?

Creative_tec

ha.. you are right... she love shopping but as this is my birthday pressie, she have promised to do only the things i like... hahah..

so now i am the one who plan the iternary and she will be the one paying! muhahaha..

from the way you say, Tai O is a must place to go! i will plan it for the 3rd day.

thanks for the input bro.

↡ Advertisement

bro.. your iternary looks good. maybe i will skip disneyland and replace it with day trip to macau...

there is just too many things in hk to do.. i am getting all excited now!!

i went there for 1 week in july...

day 1: arrv 730pm..eat dinner at central

day 2: buy PC for my aunt(who we are staying with) at Mongkok

day 3: Disneyland

day 4: Shopping

day 5: Oceanpark, Stanley bay and the Symphony of Lights at TST

day 6: Shopping, evening went up The Peak

day 7: Shopping, mid-level escalator

day 8: Shopping, flight to SG at 9pm..almost missed the flight..me and my gf the very very last one to board..whole plane waiting for us.. [laugh][laugh] we took SQ btw..

8 days..don't even have time to go macau, zhu hai and shenzhen...

interesting. i be going for 6D5nites. Planning go shenzhen, macau.

Creative_tec, maybe u can consider going to warehouse shopping at mtr Tungzhong, handbags for ladies at TST. computer stuff at mongkok. Which hotel u staying btw? i be staying at stanford.

some shopping suggestions:

)Times Square

2)Harbour City (Over 700 shop worth a try)

3)Miramar Shopping Center (Can Skip)

4)Argyle Centre (Yes you shld go)

5)Langham Place

6)Sun Arcade

7)Grandville Road

8)Landmark

9)Stanley St (If time permint)

----------------------------

i think you kenna con by your gf liao... [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

if not wrong, they are having the end of summer sales at this period of time,

she pays the holiday, you pays the expenses...shopping... [laugh][laugh][laugh]

is it expensive to eat there?

i think i am getting a bit confused. is Tai O the same the lamma island?

Tai O is on Lantau Island, the same island as the airport, Disneyland, the big Buddha etc. Lantau Island is big, bigger than HK Island itself, so expect to spend some time travelling around if you try to cover more than three places at Lantau in the same day. Lamma Island is another, much smaller island, but there are no cars or buses on it so you'll have to get around pretty much by walking (not sure if you can rent bicycles). But anyway if you go there just for the seafood and for a leisurely walk its not a problem.

Lamma Island seafood is not bad, I've eaten there quite a few times. There are two main parts of the island which most people visit, Yung Shue Wan and Sok Kwu Wan. The former has a couple of seafood restaurants, but mostly an eclectic mix of other types of food like Western/Italian etc. Sok Kwu Wan is home to a lot of seafood restaurants, can't remember exactly which one is best but in general the food is fairly good and fresh.

A third island, Cheung Chau, lies between Lamma and Lantau, heard the seafood there is also very good although I haven't tried myself. Another place famous for seafood is Sai Kung (I live here), but in actual fact the restaurants here pale in comparison to those on Lamma or even in the urban areas, so I wouldn't bother.

Summer sales are actually over long ago, the autumn designs have all appeared.

go macau 1 day only? rushing.. not worth the 2hrs travelling time..go early b4 noon, catch the "ah ma tian ping" [:p]

bro.. your iternary looks good. maybe i will skip disneyland and replace it with day trip to macau...

there is just too many things in hk to do.. i am getting all excited now!!

i went there for 1 week in july...

day 1: arrv 730pm..eat dinner at central

day 2: buy PC for my aunt(who we are staying with) at Mongkok

day 3: Disneyland

day 4: Shopping

day 5: Oceanpark, Stanley bay and the Symphony of Lights at TST

day 6: Shopping, evening went up The Peak

day 7: Shopping, mid-level escalator

day 8: Shopping, flight to SG at 9pm..almost missed the flight..me and my gf the very very last one to board..whole plane waiting for us.. [laugh][laugh] we took SQ btw..

8 days..don't even have time to go macau, zhu hai and shenzhen...

interesting. i be going for 6D5nites. Planning go shenzhen, macau.

Creative_tec, maybe u can consider going to warehouse shopping at mtr Tungzhong, handbags for ladies at TST. computer stuff at mongkok. Which hotel u staying btw? i be staying at stanford.

the BIG warehouse mall at Tung Zhung is good place for shopping adidas and nike stuff..

i bought NIKE and Quiksilver shirt there which will otherwise cost twice the price in SG..

also, i walked the whole stretch of nathan road from TST to Mongkok shopping..really ALOT of things to buy..

but i went in the summer..temp hovering at 30+ degrees and humidity abt 95%..knn..go out walk for 10 mins under the sun, perspiring like fark liao..

also, mid july is right smack during their sch holidays..all the parks crowded like fark..esp alot of PRC peeps.. [:|] they really spoil everyone's mood(incl the locals) with their nonchalant attitude..

Edited by Shull

Hehe,

OT a bit [:p]

I am going to treat my family to Hong Kong, anyone has any advice on how and where should I book the ticket?

My main focus will be disneyland for my little princess.

Any idea what is the damange like?

↡ Advertisement