Lost between VW Touran Sport and Subaru Exiga Turbo

Bigboar

Dear all

i am lost between VW Touran Sport and Subaru Exiga

Both about same price, 95K

one is continental super and turbo charge 1.4TSI. 0-100, abt 8.3Sec

Test drove it, have great performance but look square.

Subara Exiga GT cannot test drive but can look sporty and have great BPH an Torque

Anyone who have the exiga GT can advise on the performance.

Please help advice which one shall i choose.

↡ Advertisement

I would go for VW Touran. The engine is a gem and car comes with DSG, plus cheap road tax for a 1.4L engine. What more to ask for?

The only thing is maybe wait for them to equip the Touran with the 7 speed DSG. Should be even more fuel saving.

Cheaper when comes to servicing too. Uses only 1.7L of DSG fluid whereas the old DSG use 6.5L. [sweatdrop]

Edited by Fcw75

The Exiga look square also what. All the ppl mover sama sama pattern.

Touran will have cheap road tax though. It comes with the "creepy" auto parking thingy. [laugh]

IMO Exiga looks weird with the Legacy GT front and the boxy body.

I'll go for VW cos you had test driven it and like it. I would buy a car without test drive...Subaru Exiga GT is not a Ferrari...I don't know why the AD wouldn't allow test drive. same for their Rex, etc....

But, if you are seriously consider the subaru...try talking some sense with the SE and see if you can get a test drive...then decide.

Has the question of who will be held responsible should the car bump into another while performing the auto-parking maneuver been answered? The driver (who is probably just watching the entire action) or VW who built the auto-parking component? [rolleyes]

The VW auto park system is not completely automatic. It steers automatically but the driver still has to control the accelerator and brakes. So if langgar anything, it will surely be the driver's fault [laugh]

Anyway my choice is also Touran. Exiga looks really ugly to me and according to some reviews I have read, the interior quality is quite bad.

Turbocharged

Subaru AD dun allow test drive...... Can go to their authorised dealers, provided if have a certain amt of NCD. Was offered a test drive last weekend but decline.

VW Touran Sport unless you die die need AWD

the dsg gearbox and 1.4 super+turbo charged engine alone justify for the choice.

not to mentioned better fc and lower yearly roadtax

Neutral Newbie

OT a bit.

just curious, which is longer in length, exiga or odyssey? thinking which one is more difficult to parallel park...