Handling Telemarketers at work

Ahtong

Do you guys encounter telemarketers at work? They usually have foreign sounding accents and will say things like their company is looking for business partners and want to work with your company (even though they have no idea what your company does). After that, they want your email, address, name, designation and so on.

Nowadays I just say no thanks and most are nice enough to end the call. A few years back, I ever kena a very rude one who asked angrily why I don't want to make money. [hur] Any of you [furious] them before?

Sometimes I really wonder how they get the company's contact number. Do they just go down the list on yellow pages? Or maybe when I attend events / seminars, the organizers take my info and sell it to these pests?

↡ Advertisement

My worst experience was one whose call I answered while overseas.

She greeted and started rambling away without giving me a chance to say anything. I had no choice but to interrupt her after a while, saying:"I am overseas right now and no thanks."

Her response:" But I'm not finished yet!" [hur][hur]

Rule No. 1...ppl who have no association with me..should not call me or talk to me on the phone! [;)] ...

Those who did, like from banks....get screwed!...by me, of course! [sly][laugh][laugh]

Some of them are very persistent in their calls... Some are also aggressive when you reject them... I just reply that I'm unemployed and I get a change of tone straight away...

Usually "no number" calls will be rejected by my phone,auto hang up!

Frequent telemarketers no. will be added and blacklisted. [sly]

Some no. not familiar i wont handle...let my phone record any message. Usually they dont leave any. [laugh]