Handling Telemarketers at work

Ahtong

I encountered 1 very rude one from AIA.. At least that's what she said.. Ask me to buy dunno what plan..

Said no thank, she become very rude, and ask why huh?? why huh?? Why dun want.. I hand up without saying anything..

Most of the others are quite polite.. Mostly from banks, which i dun know how they got my contact..

Nowaday, I will never answer any calls from private number..

↡ Advertisement

Sometimes you come across great offers/promotions that you might be interested in....

Sometimes, when i'm bored, i entertain them by listening for a while....a bonus if the telemarketeer sounds sweet... [lipsrsealed]

Afterall, they are also trying to make a living... [sunny]

Ya Ya.... [laugh] though I agree.....

I think most may have experience when you are overseas and these calls comes in. Especially when there is a time difference and you are trying to get some sleep.

I understand they are making a living as well but it is very irritating.... [smallcry]

I am also trying to make a living as well....

Edited by Bluecollar

u are lucky that u can hang up without saying anything...

me kenna 1 where I say I am not interested and got hand up instead [:/]

Sometimes you come across great offers/promotions that you might be interested in....

Sometimes, when i'm bored, i entertain them by listening for a while....a bonus if the telemarketeer sounds sweet... [lipsrsealed]

Afterall, they are also trying to make a living... [sunny]

Actually quite a number these days sound like school kids. I think they are trying to make extra pocket money rather then earning a living. Moreover there are some crap SMSes that claim you have won holiday to xxxxx. Nuisance.

Most of the time (if I'm not wrong), whenever we fill up some lucky draw coupon, we inadvertently give away our contact no.....If i remember correctly, these kind of details are being sold between parties....

There was once a call came thru my home tel(fixed line), a lady specifically asked for my wife(???) and then proceeded to hard sell pots & pans(literally)...

Another time, during the night, a man called and immediately asked for "the decision maker of the house"...I was like, huh??? I asked him what he meant and he said " I want to speak to the decision maker, can you make the decision for this house?"

"What decision?"

"Decision to sell this house... I've got many buyers waiting."

[rifle]

My worst experience was one whose call I answered while overseas.

She greeted and started rambling away without giving me a chance to say anything. I had no choice but to interrupt her after a while, saying:"I am overseas right now and no thanks."

Her response:" But I'm not finished yet!" [hur][hur]

They have to finish the script... otherwise, they wouldn't know what to say thereafter [laugh]

for me is

" i'm a student, i don have any money or any savings, but i'm interested if u are willing to give me the money!"

they will then ask for my name, and tell me they will take me off their list.. hahahahaa

sure? it work? [sly]

if the other paty is women, i will tease her with plenty of private question... she will usually hang up before i finish everything... if male, just hang up lor... dun waste time liao.. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

what sort of question did u ask?

share share leh... [sly]

My encounter is with those time share people whom make an appt for me to go down but when I do a no show, said I have to pay them admin fee.

I ask them how high does the kite fly and whether he's on it anot. [laugh]

↡ Advertisement