Daihatsu Sirion / Toyota Passo (Part 2)

Rainbow

Neutral Newbie

you know where i can get the wing spoiler for sirion? i was thinking of installing one but dun know where to get it.. heard STS selling quite X. any replica?

↡ Advertisement

i'm not sure. i think can get those bodykit shop to customise, or simply to bring in myvi's spoiler. i posted in the forum to ask about the sirion bodykit, but nobody replied.

full kit from sts is $2.5k. i asked one shop about importing genuine trd m bodykit, about $3-4k.

just to share the other mod which i explored, but didn't work out. the velocity tuner. http://www.velocitytuner.com/

there are people installing this for abt $50, and the feedback from some owners are very positive. some forumers from foreign sites concluded that this is snakeoil.

anyway, decided to give it a try since it is not expensive. unfortunately, there is no suitable size for the sirion. the best size the installer has, ended up "suffocating" my poor sirion. so i saved $50 loh. [crazy]

Sorry bro, as a proper racer-boy I have to concur that it is a snake oil. Besides its just a grocery getter to me so its all about creature comforts, safety, and handling from my viewpoint.

hee... thanks for the tips. any cheap mod you would recommend for a humble sirion? I have only done grounding & voltage stabiliser. Can't find K&N. CAI - I scare kena flood.

also thinking of SSR rims, brain says 14", heart says 16". Won't try 15", cos neither here/there.

Neutral Newbie

for me.. i change the stock plastic cover wheel and tires straightaway after i drive out from STS.. haha..

I change to 14" RM rims (cheap cheap ones) and GR80. Have been driving for the past 1 yr, so far still ok. I remained at 14" coz i heard upsize rim will worsen FC.

based on the forumer's recommendation, i would want to change to es501. no issue if i stick to 14". if 16", think no comfortable tyres to choose. your stock tyres managed to get trade in value?

Wheels and tyres are the easiest. Go for a combo thats lighter than what you have, Lower FC plus better acceleration.

You can also run with a lighter weight oil and get rid of all unnecessary weight.

Its one of my shortlisted cars. Does anyone know if theres a center armrest available for the sirion?

bro u thinkin of buyin sirion? still drivin ep80 now?

I think you got the wrong bro [:p] I've never owned a starlet, however my sera (which I sold before coming back to sg) was pretty close [:p]

Been sharing my mom's punto, however in the evenings and on weekends we have had some timing clashes so i'm planning on getting an OPC. Basically looking at some kei cars, the sirion and the satria.

Edited by Elfenstar

oops sori mate so u r the sera guru...hee hee

i could be thinkin of sirion in future too...the satria cant beat the sirion's space and FC and build i presume?

anybody able to bring in the full TRD bodykit from Malaysia ? Need the front bumper with fogs, side skirts and back... [thumbsup]

Please pm me if you can bring in, i dont mind second hand ones as I'll be respraying the whole car as well.

any help will be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Neutral Newbie

It's not going to be cheap in Malaysia and moreover the demand is high. Condition wise might not be good as what you thought. To have a piece of mind, I reckon you buy from STS.

haven done the respray, still sourcing for the bodykit. [;)]

oh btw guys, i just did 6pt grounding and VS together with CAI, really got improvement...easier to hit 120 now than before... sounds good too [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement