West Coast Park No More Free Parking

Maxus-MIFA9

Just read today New Paper and it read : West Coast Park: No more free parking next year.

Visitors to West Coast Park will soon be paying a price for the inconsideration of others, in the form of parking charges. From early next year, they will no lomger be able to park their car for free there.

This is a result of some motorists abusing the free parking lots there. Citing difficulties in differentiating genuine park visitors from non-park users, the National Parks Board (NParks) has decided to act.

At times, park there to enjoy a break at Macdonald's but it seem like have to place a coupon leow ..... [:/][:/][:/]

kallang macdonald installing ERP cashcard parking....... just saw it yesterday.......

macham using machine guns to kill a fly

since auntie got to do their rounds, jus catch ppl who abuse the carpark at West coast lor. blanket policy beri easy to implement but the social cost may not justify it.

I believe the compound inside Mac belong's to Mac and that's why free parking. Same for KFC and Long Beach Rest.......

I think the gantry is surpose for vehicles going to Indoor Stadium and others or, they (LTA) want vehicles to pay somehow of rather the ERP charges as most would have a slip of coffee at Mac or KFC while waiting for the ERP to switch off at 10am to go into the city.... [sly][sly]

I am wondering, will there be free parking on Sun & PH.......

During the times on night shift, use to take a break a West Coast Mac but now, should there be night parking at the said car park......

piew [sweatdrop] ..... $2/- per night parking coupon just for break at MAC ..... [:(][:(]

it is situated just at the entrance of kallang Macdonald's car park. next time you will enter from the front of Mac and leave by the rear.....

so, no is not LTA, it is Macdonald's at least for the case of kallang

i dun think is using machine guns to kill a fly but more of an excuse or knee jerk reaction to the case of the fella kena summon because warden tot he is freeloader instead of frequent park go-er

I wonder anyone here in MCF know the manager of West Coast Mac......

If yes, may I suggest that he ask his employees as when they clean the tables (those outside area) to keep a lookout for car park attendants..... saw them coming, shout 'Car Park Lai Low'..... [sly][sly][sly]

some coffee shops assistants in Toa Payoh still do that ...... [thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup] and can see ppls scramble to their cars... [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

Neutral Newbie

So those lots in front of mac will still be free? The rest of the carpark will be charged is it... West coast is 1 of my usual place for tea breaks. Its not too crowded and totally different from ecp. Even if they charge a dollar for an hour l'll still go.

So those lots in front of mac will still be free?

I hope so but if free, ppl would abuse it again and park infront of Mac..... [:p][:p][:p]

For peaceful & quiet, I prefer the one along Queensway which I think ppl call it Rideout garden. Nice garden and the building is at the foot of the hill.... [nod][nod][nod]

since they want us to pay for parking, hope that they install the electronic one.....

at times, forgot what date to tear and have to ponder for a while or found no more coupon left and had to buy one from another driver ........

Worst still, no more 50c coupon and had to tear a $1/- coupon for use less than 1/2 an hour.... [:/][:/][:/]

very simple solution what !

just like IMM , install ERP barrier, only 1st 2 hour free for exit.

2 hr shd be enough to eat your macdonalds n take a stroll in the park.

this will eliminate those cheapskate nearby resident who park the car there whole day!