West Coast Park No More Free Parking

Maxus-MIFA9

Just read today New Paper and it read : West Coast Park: No more free parking next year.

Visitors to West Coast Park will soon be paying a price for the inconsideration of others, in the form of parking charges. From early next year, they will no lomger be able to park their car for free there.

This is a result of some motorists abusing the free parking lots there. Citing difficulties in differentiating genuine park visitors from non-park users, the National Parks Board (NParks) has decided to act.

At times, park there to enjoy a break at Macdonald's but it seem like have to place a coupon leow ..... [:/][:/][:/]

another stupid act by the garment...ppl (how many idiots i dunno) who goes to the park n complain no lots write in n blow up whole matter. i believe oso no stupid ground survey done (wkdays how many ppl go park??i go there eat mac on wkday can see many stupid lots available!) n now another $$ making avenue (selling coupons).

until now i still waiting for their reply on my summon...my house mscp almost everynight full house until rooftop...ppl like me work shift reach home 2-3am no lots park...park at loading/unloading lots kana summon. i see wat stupid excuse they r gg to give. [rolleyes]

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

I went to town last week and parked at fort canning ura carpark after 6pm..... came back to summons. Didn't realise they have removed the free parking after 5.

Similarly recently drove across erp gantry with insufficient amt. The summons came offering to compound for $70,no more $10.

Govt seems hard up for money these days

• Praise 1

I went to town last week and parked at fort canning ura carpark after 6pm..... came back to summons. Didn't realise they have removed the free parking after 5.

Similarly recently drove across erp gantry with insufficient amt. The summons came offering to compound for $70,no more $10.

Serious, just because of insufficient amount, the compounding amount is $70!!!! This is too inhumane and bloody insensitive. Hearing this makes my blood boil to the max.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Serious, just because of insufficient amount, the compounding amount is $70!!!! This is too inhumane and bloody insensitive. Hearing this makes my blood boil to the max.

When they make mistakes, we have to assume they're honest mistakes.

When we make mistakes, they assume they're dishonest mistakes. [rolleyes]

• Praise 2

is this ERP bit for real ? :o

just checked LTA website,....shows improperly inserted or insufficient funds on cash card summons at ERP charge plus an admin fee of either $10 or $8 if payment made electronically.

....you should take this up with LTA.

• Praise 2

(edited)

could it be you pass through 7 erp gantries? [:p]

recently, notice more hdb car parks converted to EPS parking in my area liao [:(]

Edited by Jp66
  • Praise 1

Too many cars park for free.

disequilibrium in supply and demand..or in local colloquial parlance - chao kuan..this is evident in many coffeeshops where coupon parking was used & many vehicle owners hang around for too long & after EPS parking was introduced..the crowd thinned down or left quickly after their chores were accomplished

• Praise 1

Supersonic

just checked LTA website,....shows improperly inserted or insufficient funds on cash card summons at ERP charge plus an admin fee of either $10 or $8 if payment made electronically.

I think there is an error here too!

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Seems like they remove many free parking after 5pm in town area now, so you have to check before you parked. Also now all new BTO flat carpark default no free parking on sunday.

• Praise 1

could it be you pass through 7 erp gantries? [:p]

recently, notice more hdb car parks converted to EPS parking in my area liao [:(]

I also think so

Where got orh gong $70 so high for cash card no money one

$10 more like it

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

i hope its an error.

this is the latest from lta website

post-9528-0-16857200-1432528381_thumb.png

Edited by Karoon

i hope its an error.

this is the latest from lta website

:o ...really surprised to see your screenshot, how in heavens is this possible ?

did you already call LTA to confirm the amount ?

just had a re-look at LTA website on ERP Violations,

..................check this out

ERP Violations

When you pass through an operational ERP gantry without a properly inserted CashCard in the IU, or one with insufficient monetary value in the CashCard, you will receive a letter within a few days of the violation. You must pay the ERP charge plus an administrative fee of S$10 within two weeks from the date of the letter. The administrative fee is reduced to $8 if payment is made electronically via the following channels:

• LTA's ONE.MOTORING website
  • AXS stations
  • Self-service Automated Machines (SAMs) at post offices
  • vPost
  • Automated teller machines
  • Internet banking services

You may also drop by the LTA office at 10 Sin Ming Drive, Singapore 575701 or mail us a cheque at Singapore Post Centre Post Office, P.O. Box 491, Singapore 914017 quoting the vehicle number and notice number on the reverse of the cheque.

:a-aggressive: I think you have a good case to bring the fees down,.....good luck

Yes. Many people abuse that carpark... I've seen people park there & take bus to nearby industrial estate. Some residents of opp hdb also park there.

4th Gear
(edited)

Check your letter for the citation. If they really fine you S$70, then can bring up to them their honest mistake on the website.

No cashcard/IU detected - S$70

Not enough $$ - S$10.

Source(s):

MCF

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2675088-st-forum-70-fine-for-erp-misdemeanour/

LTA:

http://www.lta.gov.sg/content/ltaweb/en/roads-and-motoring/managing-traffic-and-congestion/electronic-road-pricing-erp.html

"ERP Violations

When you pass through an operational ERP gantry without a properly inserted CashCard in the IU, or one with insufficient monetary value in the CashCard, you will receive a letter within a few days of the violation. You must pay the ERP charge plus an administrative fee of S$10 within two weeks from the date of the letter. The administrative fee is reduced to $8 if payment is made electronically via the following channels: [snip]"

Edited by Kac

I forgot to replace the cashcard after bringing my car in for servicing on Monday. Drove through a gantry lastTuesday morning without cashcard in the IUD. Zapped!

Paid $8.50 ($8 + 0.50 for ERP) today at AXS machine.

↡ Advertisement