West Coast Park No More Free Parking

Maxus-MIFA9

i hope its an error.

this is the latest from lta website

Your picture showed date of offence in Apr. Forgot to pay or never received letter?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

This article stated as updated Jan 2019.

https://blog.moneysmart.sg/transportation/free-parking-singapore/

Anyone knows if free parking at West Coast Park 2 and 3 are still free?

Only the carpark near the macs has gantry. The other two in the middle of nowhere, if I recall, no gantry. Personally I don't mind paying normal parking charges as it alleviates congestion. Previously it was difficult to find parking at the main carpark but nowadays even weekends afternoon prime time there is space available

OK so I went and check it out. It's free only 630am - 830am

Only for early morning runners, I guess. Charging from 830am is super early. Usually 10am start charging for public carpark?

Only for early morning runners, I guess. Charging from 830am is super early. Usually 10am start charging for public carpark?

Sometimes you wonder if the government are doing things just for the sake of doing. No real effort is taken into consideration Edited by Extremme

Sometimes you wonder if the government are doing things just for the sake of doing. No real effort is taken into consideration

It takes anything to do for them when it concerns about money.

Sometimes you wonder if the government are doing things just for the sake of doing. No real effort is taken into consideration

MacRitchie no free car park le.

I think i go these parks fairly often.

Free parking is a very small perk but it's not a biggie since it's no more expensive than parking at HDB carparks.

I don't really mind paying for parking.

WCP is pretty centralised towards the main carpark as well. And a lot of people go there to eat macdonald's as well.

Do you go everyday?

The aunties and uncles who do, will go during 630-830 lor.

If u go parks often, u will know that once it's 8, the retirees and the folk who are exercising are 90% gone already.

Once it's 8+, it's too hot for most folks already.

I used to run sometimes at almost 9am in the park. When I'm arriving, the carpark is usually a lot of people leaving. by 9 am, all the carpark lots open up already.

MacRitchie no free car park le.

Used to have a parking problem there but now they built a small mscp and charge, still can be quite congested and few parking places available after 8-9am on weekends. I go there start running at 7 or so, no problems.

Maybe the authority can consider charging parking during weekends only, to be fair. I don't think they earn much from weekday hours.

But then thinking how they want to squeeze parking revenue even from teachers in schools ... not much hope

Edited by Sosaria

Used to have a parking problem there but now they built a small mscp and charge, still can be quite congested and few parking places available after 8-9am on weekends. I go there start running at 7 or so, no problems.

Maybe the authority can consider charging parking during weekends only, to be fair. I don't think they earn much from weekday hours.

But then thinking how they want to squeeze parking revenue even from teachers in schools ... not much hope

Charging teacher is not to squeeze more revenue.

Rather, it’s lazy/stupid civil servants in resolving Auditor-General concern.

In East Coast Park, Nparks also start charging certain car parks because of resident opposite.

Twincharged

is it the norm to be charged two tier for parking like the below ?

$1.60 / hr and then $0.80 per 30 mins thereof.

after 6pm, $3.50 per entry.

I went in at 1633 pm and left at 1833 pm and kenah

1.60 +  0.80 + 3.50 = $5.90 !

Seems like such charges is normal and common according to the timing you entered the carpark. If the charges is by block, even you entered the carpark at 5.59pm, you will be charged $1.60 + $3.50.

almost everywhere is the same. 

↡ Advertisement