Back for Badminton!

Metalslug

ya, came back to badminton after a very very long lay off. I have bought around 10 racquets since i started playing again, 3 or 4 already broken. i still represent my club in badminton. [rolleyes]

Wahhh...u can break 3-4 yonex racquet damn powderful liao...these latest racquet are built to last and withstand high tension!!

My son uses voltric and string it at 30 lb!!

actually badminton is pretty punishing on the knees and to a certain extent the heels.

especially if keen trying to do Liem Swie King type of smashes. :blink:

Young can lah...now how to do lah..easily gain more than 50kilos vs young that time
↡ Advertisement

Wahhh...u can break 3-4 yonex racquet damn powderful liao...these latest racquet are built to last and withstand high tension!!

Young can lah...now how to do lah..easily gain more than 50kilos vs young that time

30 lbs!!

wrist will vibrate like mad [sweatdrop]

I just remembered another china player 赵剑华, a very attacking left hander player.

lol i was searching for his chinese name and didnt see you post it liao

Last time china have, yang yang, han jian, luan jin, chen changjie, and zhou jian hua..out of tge 5, zhou jianhua is the most talented...but the most erractic as well.

On his day..nobody can touch him, then the next day..he can lose to a nobody!!

30 lbs!!

wrist will vibrate like mad [sweatdrop]

No lah, i also can use...but shots not as powderful as him...
  • Praise 1

Last time china have, yang yang, han jian, luan jin, chen changjie, and zhou jian hua..out of tge 5, zhou jianhua is the most talented...but the most erractic as well.

On his day..nobody can touch him, then the next day..he can lose to a nobody!!

No lah, i also can use...but shots not as powderful as him...ðð

Keep me posted...oversea at the moment...no live telecast.

But a mountain for derek to climb

over a while ago, Derek lose 21-18, 21-8.

Twincharged

No lah, always clash with partner, that's why... [bigcry]

i string it at 28 lbs yonex bg 66 ultimax / bg 66 force.

30 lbs suitable for young man, not for a 50+ uncle. [:)]

Morten Frost, the only carlton among the yonex...LOL

I used a Carlton during my prembaree school days in the 70s, my classmates were quite impressed. Dunno why? I miss those wooden frame racquets. Classic!

over a while ago, Derek lose 21-18, 21-8.

Aiyoh, so close the first game. I used to get my racquets strung by Shoon Keat.

Edited by Count-Bracula
  • Praise 2

I used a Carlton during my prembaree school days in the 70s, my classmates were quite impressed. Dunno why? I miss those wooden frame racquets. Classic!

Aiyoh, so close the first game. I used to get my racquets strung by Shoon Keat.

didn't know you are that OLD [laugh]

i started with aeroplane wooden frame racket in primary sch [sweatdrop]

i learnt how to string a badminton racquet when i have a friend who owns a sport shop in a club in the 80s. We did in manually, mean use hand to pull so duno how to measure the weight [laugh]

• Praise 1

Twincharged

i learnt how to string a badminton racquet when i have a friend who owns a sport shop in a club in the 80s. We did in manually, mean use hand to pull so duno how to measure the weight [laugh]

ha ha, i represented my primary school in Msia using the Aeroplane racquet. That was in 1974!   [bigcry]

• Praise 1

I just remembered another china player 赵剑华, a very attacking left hander player. 

lol i was searching for his chinese name and didnt see you post it liao 

i mentioned him already earlier mah...  [laugh]

He was morten Frost's nemesis. Yang Yang while probably the most dependable (more skilful than Han Jian), had lost to Frost but Zhao Jian Hua was smash his way past Frost.

But he was so temperamental. Sometimes completely lost it...

He came to SGP to sell chicken rice after he retired. Wonder how's biz?  [smash]

Hehe, anyway it is just leisure playing not competitive so no need to smash  [:p]

Leftie vs leftie, any advantage also neutralised liao  :D

Reminds me of the rare occasion when zhao jian hua played Yang yang...  [:p]

somehow not as exciting as them playing against liem swee king, sugiarto, etc.

of all the Chinese dominance of the singles, they were no match for the dominant Korean pair who looked invincible during their heydays. Kim and Park... 

Any of you lot remember Wong Peng Soon ?

I met him once or twice and one time he insisted on reading my palm to tell my fortune.

• Praise 1

Old but not that OLD. Young at heart can liao.

Nowadays very hard to book badminton court at CC, the regulars have it booked one whole stretch.

Men doubles from Han Jian's era, Li Yong Bo and who arhh? Cannot remember. Best combo so far.[laugh]

Edited by Count-Bracula
  • Praise 2

Twincharged

Nowadays very hard to book badminton court at CC, the regulars have it booked one whole stretch.

Men doubles from Han Jian's era, Li Yong Bo and who arhh? Cannot remember. Best combo so far.[laugh]

li yongbo and tian bingy.

park joo-bong and kim moon-soo

• Praise 4

li yongbo and tian bingyi.

park joo-bong and kim moon-soo

yes. 

but the tall-short combination of the former was no match for the evenly-balanced combination of the latter lah.

Was fascinated with the speed of the doubles play - forever smashing unlike the usually more patient volleys of singles.

Think Li YongBo came to SGP as coach after he retired?

I gave up trying many moons ago. I think the regulars must be at 7:59:59 already finger ready to click and book...

trying to see whether can get to know anyone staying at a condo betw my office and home, which has badminton court. Maybe that way still got chance  [laugh]

yes. 

but the tall-short combination of the former was no match for the evenly-balanced combination of the latter lah.

Was fascinated with the speed of the doubles play - forever smashing unlike the usually more patient volleys of singles.

I gave up trying many moons ago. I think the regulars must be at 7:59:59 already finger ready to click and book...

trying to see whether can get to know anyone staying at a condo betw my office and home, which has badminton court. Maybe that way still got chance  [laugh]

CC online booking is everyday 10pm for 2 week later, yes must have fast finger.

Alternatively you can use https://www.myactivesg.com/ to book facility in some pri/sec school badminton hall which are available on weekend.

Yang Yang - now in Muar

Zhao Jian Hua - saw him on plane to KL.. not sure what he is doing

The Sideks - no longer millionaires.. kaput

Foo Kok Keong - multi millionaire

Twincharged

yes. 

join Singapore Swimming Club in Tanjong Rhu. They have 6 courts all rubber flooring......

↡ Advertisement