Back for Badminton!

Metalslug

Malaysia 1

1 silver

1 bronze

2 silver guaranteed.. Looks good for 2 golds

LCW.. Get pass jinx then predict

And Super power India.. Not a single medal ..

My India indian colleague told me that in India, only the cricket team gets the most funding and recognition. The rest of the sports, unheard of.

↡ Advertisement

My India indian colleague told me that in India, only the cricket team gets the most funding and recognition. The rest of the sports, unheard of.

india is quite strong in badminton.

the women single is rank top 10 in the world and the man single rank 11 in the world.

I also like to play badminton. I started playing only when I was in the Navy for the last 2-3 years. 3 to 4 times a week playing it with my colleagues. I started playing only because during the rainy weather, cannot play football. After I left, no more playing till a classmate brought me to join his company colleagues who play at Civil Service Club every Saturday. Played for a year and he stopped so I had to stop too.

Surprisingly, I never owned any rackets!!! I just borrow any rackets and play. Not a very good player, average player. But because of my height, long arms and legs, my opponents always find it challenging. 

When u guys organise a friendly game, I would like to join too. Very very very long never play and need someone to spare me a racket. [laugh]

Funny thing was I used to sell sports equipment and apparels at Sports Station/Why pay more/Royal Sporting House. Used to admire and recommend customers to buy the Yonnex Carbonex 8. Love the red/black look. But never got it cos didnt start playing then.

Yonex outdated liao.

Now, must buy Li Ning N90

Yonex outdated liao.

Li Ning overrated and overpriced, chop carrot. I rather buy Victor. 

Are you sure Li Ning N90 is overated??

the brand itself is already overrated and selling at high price. Given a choice of similar performance, i would get a Yonex from Japan and probably cheaper.

Yonex outdated liao.

I never owned any racket. I use watever racket is available. [grin]

When u buying? Then lent me use. [laugh]

• Praise 1

the brand itself is already overrated and selling at high price. Given a choice of similar performance, i would get a Yonex from Japan and probably cheaper.

Do you know who uses N90?

Do you know who uses N90?

Lin Dan use it, but he also a spokesperson for Yonex  [laugh]  [laugh]

Actually the model of the racket not important, even the racket used by a best player may not suit your playing style. 

Actually the model of the racket not important, even the racket used by a best player may not suit your playing style. 

well said.. my cleap-o fleet (made in malaysia) racket suits my game much more than my yonex or li-ning...  

ps.. easier to smash 

actually.. any recommendation where to buy cheap shuttlecocks? 

well said.. my cleap-o fleet (made in malaysia) racket suits my game much more than my yonex or li-ning...  

ps.. easier to smash 

actually.. any recommendation where to buy cheap shuttlecocks? 

Mustafa?

Rackets, I can anyhow use. But shuttlecock, I prefer that Yonex one with Goose feather. I forgot the speed rating already.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Li Ning overrated and overpriced, chop carrot. I rather buy Victor. 

Li Ning went into badminton because he knew that he has the whole China team to endorse it, yonex is Japanese after all...LOL

Turbocharged

I know.  Why le?

It was designed for him.

And do you know the spec of that racket, and why he has to accept it?

And do you know the spec of that racket, and why he has to accept it?

Maybe you can highlight to me then.

By the way, i don't play badminton for a long time.

Edited by Davidtch

Turbocharged

Maybe you can highlight to me then.

seriously I also don't know...LOL

What I know from my limited understanding is, for political reasons, Li Ning was asked to dress up the national teams and supply equipment, Badminton is one sport the Chinese rule worldwide, after all endorsement contracts from Yonex ends, the Chinese team will only wear and use Li Ning. LD being the best player in the world requested a custom fit racket, so it was made for him...

As for the spec, unless you play like LD, that racket is not for you, mass market model is another story all together...LOL

Nike made a set of irons and woods for Tiger Woods, but did not sell well throughout the world, simply because few people could handle the spec. I had one set, with a handicap 14, I find it hard to handle because it was just not forgiving...LOL

seriously I also don't know...LOL

What I know from my limited understanding is, for political reasons, Li Ning was asked to dress up the national teams and supply equipment, Badminton is one sport the Chinese rule worldwide, after all endorsement contracts from Yonex ends, the Chinese team will only wear and use Li Ning. LD being the best player in the world requested a custom fit racket, so it was made for him...

As for the spec, unless you play like LD, that racket is not for you, mass market model is another story all together...LOL

Nike made a set of irons and woods for Tiger Woods, but did not sell well throughout the world, simply because few people could handle the spec. I had one set, with a handicap 14, I find it hard to handle because it was just not forgiving...LOL

Thanks for the info

The original N90 has zero flex which suits LD style.  LD don't like N90 II. 

Yonex also has a range of LD style racket

↡ Advertisement