Swift Owners

Hoppe

suzuki engineers took pains to lighten the car to improve FC and and handling. adding sound proofing weight will negate all that.

Hmm.. Thks for your insight. It's a good point. Guess I will wait for delivery and see how it goes from there. 

↡ Advertisement

I got Std Swift as the mark up for the premium model just to get the CLarion head unit was illogically high. What's more the SE said the head unit only supported Apple Carplay and not Android Auto (I never checked further). 

I bought a fascia adaptor from Aliexpress and asked my ICE installer to put in a new Pioneer 5150BT. It works great. And all for $1k compared to the $3k for the premium swift...

Edited by Hotnyh

Hi any members here considering doing soundproofing? Mainly on the wheel arches and underbody. Personally I feel the road noise is rather apparent during my test drive. Pls kindly share your experience as well if you have done the soundproofing. Thks! 

Hi, I went for the standard package cos I intend to install aftermarket HU and use vinyl wrap to achieve the 2 tone effect  Cannot comment on the quality of the HU quality cos haven't collect the car yet lol. Maybe the other members that collected the car can share their thoughts.

most imptly, find a good ICE installer (of coz u muz be comfortable working w him) who can soundproof the car....do it once and you will not regret.....i have hear cases of those sound proof melting after a few mths.......

The standard head unit doesn't sound too bad as far as stock head units go. The car has a 6 speaker system with a pair of tweeters in the dash/ A pillar area which gives a brighter clearer sound stage. Bass is adequate for me but of course not very deep as there's no subwoofer. I didn't bother to change the speakers as my wife only listens to 92.4FM.

We changed the head unit to get Android Auto and reverse cam functions. Once you are used to this it's hard to do without it.

We had planned to sound proof the car too but in the end it wasn't as bad as the old Vios so we decided to sklp it.

Edited by Hotnyh

most imptly, find a good ICE installer (of coz u muz be comfortable working w him) who can soundproof the car....do it once and you will not regret.....i have hear cases of those sound proof melting after a few mths.......

Hmm.. OK.. I am mainly concerned about the road noise only leh.. Must get proper Ice installer ah? Do you know how much they charge if only do the wheel arch and underbody ah? 

The standard head unit doesn't sound too bad as far as stock head units go. The car has a 6 speaker system with a pair of tweeters in the dash/ A pillar area which gives a brighter clearer sound stage. Bass is adequate for me but of course not very deep as there's no subwoofer. I didn't bother to change the speakers as my wife only listens to 92.4FM.

We changed the head unit to get Android Auto and reverse cam functions. Once you are used to this it's hard to do without it.

We had planned to sound proof the car too but in the end it wasn't as bad as the old Vios so we decided to sklp it.

Hmm.. I am also planning to get android HU from aliexpress. The old vios is noisier than the swift? 

Hmm.. OK.. I am mainly concerned about the road noise only leh.. Must get proper Ice installer ah? Do you know how much they charge if only do the wheel arch and underbody ah?

I nt sure bro, whole car generally 2k....

4 doors mayb 500 (max)

Hmm.. I am also planning to get android HU from aliexpress. The old vios is noisier than the swift? 

The gen 2 Vios I had was definitely noisier than the new Swift. This was evident at the test drive as well. For one you don't have to rev the Swift as much due to the torque from the turbo. For road noise I'd say the Vios was louder too- but hey that was a 10 year old car....

The ride was much more absorbent for the Vios though. 

Still we love the Swift. Wife enjoys it a lot (she's the main driver).

I did check on getting an android head unit locally - https://www.facebook.com/pg/Car-Android-Head-Unit-Screen-Singapore-224997381499747/about/?ref=page_internal

I was quoted $900 for installation (all in with rear camera). Chose to get the Pioneer though.

The gen 2 Vios I had was definitely noisier than the new Swift. This was evident at the test drive as well. For one you don't have to rev the Swift as much due to the torque from the turbo. For road noise I'd say the Vios was louder too- but hey that was a 10 year old car....

I did check on getting an android head unit locally - https://www.facebook.com/pg/Car-Android-Head-Unit-Screen-Singapore-224997381499747/about/?ref=page_internal

I was quoted $900 for installation (all in with rear camera). Chose to get the Pioneer though.

If you are looking for android hu, can consider atoto. I'm using it on my swift zc82s now, bought it $200 from carousell and labour $50 to install at uaudio.

Dont waste money on those expensive head units unless you are very into ICE.

Thanks for all the feedback. Since the bros here are so helpful, let me go 1 step further...what do people usually negotiate for when buying the Swift? Accessories (which ones), extra servicing or just $$ off?  

I did check on getting an android head unit locally - https://www.facebook.com/pg/Car-Android-Head-Unit-Screen-Singapore-224997381499747/about/?ref=page_internal

Haha.. You are right.. I also enjoyed the drive.. I drove a vios long time ago, so couldn't remember very well about the noise level.. I can only compared to those cars that I have recently driven (not many also lah, haha) sadly I found that swift is one of the more noisier one, that's why I am contemplating about the sound insulation. But the Bros here also made a point regarding the negative effect on handling.. So.. Have to re-consider.. Haha.. Anyway, thks for your sharing. Good info! 

If you are looking for android hu, can consider atoto. I'm using it on my swift zc82s now, bought it $200 from carousell and labour $50 to install at uaudio.

Dont waste money on those expensive head units unless you are very into ICE.

Very good price!

I wouldn't mid experimenting with an Android head unit as connectivity is more impt to me than sound quality but for wife I think simplicity/ familiarity (my COE Camry has a Pioneer head unit) and good sound is more important. Would consider one of those with a big 8 to 9" screen for the Camry if my head unit goes kaput.

↡ Advertisement