Swift Owners

Hoppe

Very good price!

I wouldn't mid experimenting with an Android head unit as connectivity is more impt to me than sound quality but for wife I think simplicity/ familiarity (my COE Camry has a Pioneer head unit) and good sound is more important. Would consider one of those with a big 8 to 9" screen for the Camry if my head unit goes kaput.

https://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-car-stereos-with-apple-carplay-and-android-auto/

Looking at all these head units now as I need (or rather want) android auto with a big screen and AD's clarion isn't thst great.

Any recommendations from past experiences here?

↡ Advertisement

Hi all, another question, this time on insurance. Champion Motors quoted $1.4k for the first year for my age bracket 41-45 years old. I find it very expensive, anyone experienced the same and got lower quotes outside? I hope this is not a Suzuki or Swift phenomenon.....

Hi all, another question, this time on insurance. Champion Motors quoted $1.4k for the first year for my age bracket 41-45 years old. I find it very expensive, anyone experienced the same and got lower quotes outside? I hope this is not a Suzuki or Swift phenomenon.....

Is this your first car?

50% NCD and still $1400+??

That’s why I suspect there’s a mark up from this insurer that ties up with Champion Motor. Wondering if other owners went for the same or got lower quotes from outside.

Thatâs why I suspect thereâs a mark up from this insurer that ties up with Champion Motor. Wondering if other owners went for the same or got lower quotes from outside.

All AD mark up and tie it to the finance and insurance rebate. If one refuses to take their finance or insurance then the entire rebate amount is taken away. So you do need to check if you are better off without the rebate.

All AD mark up and tie it to the finance and insurance rebate. If one refuses to take their finance or insurance then the entire rebate amount is taken away. So you do need to check if you are better off without the rebate.

Thanks. If this is a pure mark up and I can get lower quotes outside, I am not so concerned. Initially worried whether insurance for Suzuki/Swift is generally higher than other makes.

Yup I agree the in house insurance was alot higher than i expected. Was quoted 1.5k with my dad’s 50% ncd. Hopefully can get cheaper quotes from other insurers after the first year

Anyone knows if CM voids your warranty if you change the audio system? The default Clarion one didn't seem that great and has no android auto so I didn't get that. Looking to install pioneer or Kenwood aftermarket sets

Hmm.. Thks for your insight. It's a good point. Guess I will wait for delivery and see how it goes from there. 

The added weight from the sound insulation will barely make a dent in the F.C even if you go for the full works. But having driven the new Swift for 3 months, I can tell you the road noise is too loud and gets on the nerves. I am planning to get full sound insulation in a couple of months. Looking for reputed installers.

This is not.

Don't worry.

Outside much cheaper. Try budgetdirect?

The added weight from the sound insulation will barely make a dent in the F.C even if you go for the full works. But having driven the new Swift for 3 months, I can tell you the road noise is too loud and gets on the nerves. I am planning to get full sound insulation in a couple of months. Looking for reputed installers.

Sad to hear the noise issue  I kinda expected that  Am also looking for installers, saw carousell got one guy doing.. Generally cheaper that workshops  I wonder is it any good? 

Anyone knows if CM voids your warranty if you change the audio system? The default Clarion one didn't seem that great and has no android auto so I didn't get that. Looking to install pioneer or Kenwood aftermarket sets

According to SE, just don't install those with TV antenna, otherwise should be OK. 

Change to quiet tyres.
↡ Advertisement