Subaru Legacy or Mazda 6

Certified

i supposed u're talking about the legacy 2.0R? i'll go for the new mz6. the design is refreshing and it has good built quality. an under-rated car

M6 Pros:

1. 5-speed gearbox

2. Bigger interior

3. Better handling. Legacy's steering too light.

4. With the right bodykit, lowered suspension and big rims can be very aggressive looking.

But hor, I find Legacy has got more character, machiam like a subdued beast....[:)]

Edited by Darth_mel

not sure are you referring to legacy gt or just legacy, and not sure if you are referring to 2008 zoom 6 (engine capacity??) or its predecessor?

personally, i would go for the legacy.

my previous ride was a forester. my uncle drove the legacy gt anf my colleague drove legacy.

legacy gt is a powerful and very fulfilling ride: strong, stable and responsive. great mcintosh hifi, though i may have to agree that the interior is abit sedated (trust me, its still better than the forester). FC is not too bad since turbo does helps to overcome sluggish pci-up. zoom 6 is nowhere near the performance.

legacy 2.0 is more sedated. road handling is still pretty good (bcos of its AWD) and i think in terms of engine and performance, the legacy still top the zoom 6.

Drove the 2008 zoom 6. Nice curves and handsome interior. Feels heavy for the base model. If you are more inclined to cosmetics, you can opt for zoom6, but where pockets allow, take the higher specs model.

Btw, peugeot 407 is pretty sleek as well, though you may not be a fan of conti cars.

my 2 cents..

mmm i dun think anyone shld be comparing legacy gt with the mazda 6, if every it shld be the MPS. both turbo cars...

Legacy is v well built, the interior still shine after so many years. the ICE is prob the best among its class for factory fitted audios. I dont think any 2.0l car can beat it not even the luxury brands.

but I dont think the performance of 2.0R is better than Mazda 6. on paper its power is very good but performance numbed by AWD and 4spd auto. Mazda 6 on the other hand is lighter than it predecessor even tho it looked big and heavier, and has 5 spd box.

In terms of handling, Mazda 6 is even better than new Mondeo, the undisputed class leader in this segment which are benchmarked against. Mazda uses the same platform as Mondeo. It is slightly better due to its better weight distribution and being lighter.

Actually the Mazda 6 is not based on the new mondeo platform..its an evolution of the old one. And as for handling, its subjective, with most reviewers giving the mondeo the final nod.. wink.gif

Neutral Newbie
Guys,

Need your opinion .....

Which one would you choose to get ? Legacy or 6. Do state your reasons as well. Xie Xie !!

cannot compare... Mazda 6 is like an obese Mazda 3

Legacy is like a fierce road handling machine

Mazda 6 for sure. I test drove the legacy 2.0R and it is really disappointing.

The interior is so bare, with those casio LCD clock and mileage 'computer'. You try to rev, engine loud but car hardly move a bit. Only thing i like about the car is the fake air vent at the rear bumper. Not to mention the lousy FC for AWD. I wont pay 79k (i was quoted this px i think..) for this car for sure. Not to mention the absence of audio control panel on the steering wheel. I tot even altis level car has that already.

Mazda 6 looks more graceful and you get more bang for the buck. I like the tail light. Very nicely done up. And of coz, its newer. I suppose it has longer wheel base, is more spacious, and have much nicer interior. Get the white one. nice.

put the 2L NA leggy and older version mz6 side by side ... do a qtr mile

then you tell me the results

[;)]

for that matter ... throw in the 2.3 version as well for benchmarking sake

BTW ... I must quantify that i had not tested the new mz6 so i have no idea how the new one performs

but the rear looks is funny ... like the face of a anal retentive spaceman that cannot get enough screw

overall if i am not worried about old model or new model... Legacy gets my vote for

1. world krass audio

2. awd

3. frameless windows

the let downs are weak brakes, 4sp gearbox and anal retentive AD

if $$ is not a problem .... get the L GT ... confirm a smile on both cheeks !

Neutral Newbie

Legacy 2.0R will be your choice which easy to drive and the power just came when you need it although the Torque a probably a bit lower...but the cornering is good with AWD. You can find people in Europe prefer Legacy rather then M6 because of their AWD and Boxer engine. The fuel consumption is good for me....7 to 8liter/100KM for NSW and 10 to 10.5liter/100km for 50% highway and 50% urban driving. Now at 75.5K is a bargain hunting as compare to few years ago back which is more than 100K with Legacy 2.0I.

Guys,

Need your opinion .....

Which one would you choose to get ? Legacy or 6. Do state your reasons as well. Xie Xie !!

↡ Advertisement