Where to buy a DC / AC Power Inverter Adapter for my car?

Sleepyman

I tot laptop is using DC ? Why need to convert from DC to AC and then AC back to DC to laptop ?

should use a DC adapter. Any recommendation ?

↡ Advertisement

Looking to buy a DC / AC Power Inverter Adapter... for charging laptop etc.

Any places selling it?

something like this http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...em=120316103205

Why do you need that? The car battery is already DC and not Alternative current.

Dealternative Current (DC) can be used for laptop direct by removing the battery..

aiyah need engineer to understand these tips

Laptop is indeed using 19V/3.2A DC supply. You can also make or get a DC adapter to to get an output of 19V 5A.

But the market tries to cater for multiple uses of their products. So it makes better sense to step up the car DC voltage to 220 AC so everyone can use it for any electronic devices instead of just charging the laptop.

If you look at the out side of the product sold at ebay, it's those 3-pin plug sockets, meaning you can use the charger for playing portable DVD player, portable polishing machine etc.

Neutral Newbie
Price like quite reasonable wor! Upz! [thumbsup]

Received mine yesterday... have not install yet... waiting for my new car...

BTW, it is 500W with max of 1000W... also, got USB outlet... seems like good...

Worth to try as the price consider not ex...

You want to make sure that you get an inverter that can handle the wattage for your AC adapter. If you get a 100 watt inverter, this is normally enough for a laptop as they do not drag a lot of power. I would suggest for the health of your battery that you start the vehicle occasionally to allow the battery to charge.

• Dislike 1