Full DAy Bus Lane BEWARE!

Chrispie

no man.. i was out of the bus lane 90% of the time.. only like 5m towards the stopping pt then i make the left in... once get the thing, i immediately drive out of bus lane aldy. I know better than to stay in for too long.

↡ Advertisement

yah.. i think they go plain clothes.. sneaky man..

yah, maybe even the one who passed you the document is undercover and had a secret camera mounted on his belt... and he knows you'll return the document later so hid somewhere when you returned .... [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

Thanks for sharing and sorry for your loss man.

I think these guys too much....if they are doing their "duty" then they should be in uniform, it isn't like an a cop who has to go undercover for the more serious offence...also they sub-con to cisco etc....they should and I believe would have to be in uniform......

No point lah.. dun have any good argument. Just take it as lesson learnt. And post here so you guys wont kena also.

For $260, I will definitely appeal even though I am in the wrong.

I've tried it for $70. Wasn't successful, though.

its not abt blocking or not.. the rules states that for full day bus lane, you shouldnt even wander into it. That is a clear cut offence..no pt appealing also.

Just pay and not do it again. You guys too.

There was once i stop by road side with double zigzag line to read st directory coz i got lost. A Aux police just ride by and snapped me and zoomed off. $140 and 3 demerits points too. Its at shenton way area also. I think i better stay out of that area.

Think to see the pic taken must pay for it right? will be expensive photo.

But one bro idea is good - don't stop inside the bus lane, stop outside of

it to allow passenger drop off or ask the person walk over, like that I never

drive on the stupid expensive bus lane right, so cannot fine me. But car behind

you might honk, but at least no $$$ involved.

You should appeal to waive one offence. It's like getting two speeding tickets for the same stretch of road -- it is within reason to consider them as one offence.

Neutral Newbie

well.. u know that if u put one 50ct coupon and the coupon expire less than 30mins - the warden will issue a $6 summon..but dun assume that u can continue park there with the summon.. after 1hr, if car still there, the warden will come back to take away the first summon and issue a new summon of $10..and if after 2 hrs, he can take away second summon and issue a new summon of $30.. my friend told me cos he kenna this thingy b4..

[sweatdrop]

Neutral Newbie
its not abt blocking or not.. the rules states that for full day bus lane, you shouldnt even wander into it. That is a clear cut offence..no pt appealing also.

Just pay and not do it again. You guys too.

There was once i stop by road side with double zigzag line to read st directory coz i got lost. A Aux police just ride by and snapped me and zoomed off. $140 and 3 demerits points too. Its at shenton way area also. I think i better stay out of that area.

nowsaday they won't even bother to stop to warn motorists to move off first.. straighaway take pic and go..dun even talk to motorists..

got once, i saw one ah beng park his car along double yellow lines on a busy road. warden came and ask him to leave but instead that ah beng come down and start arguing with the warden.. dun know wat their contents though.. after quite a while, the ah beng still sit inside his car and refuse to leave..i din stay long enough to see the outcome..

recently i passed by the place and saw that the double yellow line became double yellow zig zag lines liao...

[:p][laugh]

If u have a previous valid coupon.

3rd summon S$20 (that's the maximum)

Unless yr 3rd summon "S$30" is after the mid-night parking time which u need to use the mid-night S$2 coupon

actually, this is the right way. summon without knowing it at all (until 2-4 weeks later). then the driver will learnt a lesson.

since there isn't any demerit points given, from my opinion, most of the drivers are not worried. anyway, it is only just money invovled.

I find some bus lane are wrongly deployed as the roads are not congested at all time. E.g. one is New Upper Changi Road leading toward Singapore Expo and along Simei Road toward Tampines. Do bus lanes really help the bus traveling efficiency during peak hours ? What if the road has bus lane but the bus dun travel on it , can we penalise them ?

↡ Advertisement