Seat Leon

Veron

Neutral Newbie

Read this review of Seat Leon in LianHeWanBao. Got comparisons with Golf n Fabia. For those who r interested:

post-22-1022863842_thumb.jpg

post-22-1022863843_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Wonder if they are just comparing the specs or the car as a whole. If it's the car, I wonder where they got the car from now that JTA is down under. I also wonder which Fabia models will Czech Auto bring in.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

They were just comparing the specs of the 3 cars, which I thick they copied off the brochures. They test drove the Seat Leon in this article, but not the Golf or Fabia. Dun think they can get a new fabia now, unless they borrow from the owners here [:p]

BTW, the article was from Shin Ming Daily News. Sorry for naming the wrong source.

Edited by Veron

Tks Veron, didnt know Sin Ming writes abt cars. Pretty soon, we might see a string of reviews on Skodas again now that Zech Auto is going to be in action soon.

The SEAT Leon looks like an excellent car. I guess if one like a VW Group car, you probably like the rest of the Group's range of cars... like if you like the Bora, chances is that you will like the Toledo ... blah blah

Neutral Newbie

The Leon handles very well, even on stock suspension. gotta say that the 1.4 engine is rather peppy, 16 valves, not bad...

Feature wise cannot match the Toledo though.

The Leon handles very well, even on stock suspension. gotta say that the 1.4 engine is rather peppy, 16 valves, not bad...

Feature wise cannot match the Toledo though.

Yeah i'd agree that the steering feel and handling are pretty good, but the 1.6 8v version is peppier [;)]

Looks pretty cool [cool]

Neutral Newbie

But with the specs one level down from the tody, yet being so similarly priced, the 1.6 leon is definitely not worth the money [crazy]

Sometimes I really wonder if BM really wants to sell the 1.6 leon at all! [pirate]

But with the specs one level down from the tody, yet being so similarly priced, the 1.6 leon is definitely not worth the money [crazy]

Sometimes I really wonder if BM really wants to sell the 1.6 leon at all! [pirate]

Thats true, they want to cash in on the 'style' [mad]

Seeing that they brought in so few units, i think not [:/]

Neutral Newbie

But I must say, the 1.4 is selling pretty well....think 5 out of 10 units were gone the last time we were there to book our tody [cool]

But I must say, the 1.4 is selling pretty well....think 5 out of 10 units were gone the last time we were there to book our tody [cool]

If it were really popular, it would have all been snapped up, no thanks to the ambitious pricing [mad]

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

erm....it's definitely not priced like the Fabia. Seems like BM has secured all the COEs for the 1.4 Leon. So only have guaranteed price of $79900 [crazy]

Oh and the price for 1.6 Leon is priced at 84900 [pirate]

Edited by Mrenegade

How's the Leon priced now? If it's priced like the Fabia before at 66-68k then it'll be competitive.

Definitely not. Priced too close to Toledo. Last we checked was $78-$79k, BASE spec.. [crazy]

Neutral Newbie
How's the Leon priced now? If it's priced like the Fabia before at 66-68k then it'll be competitive.

hi tb:)

sidetrack and ot abit.... were you by anyway at amk central on saturday morning? i saw a car very similar to yours... hehehe

Neutral Newbie

Definitely not. Priced too close to Toledo. Last we checked was $78-$79k, BASE spec.. [crazy]

Too high lah, how to play the field with the lights of the Corollas and Sunnys.

Too high lah, how to play the field with the lights of the Corollas and Sunnys.

Telling me, its just for the style factor. The rear windows are windups [crazy]

Neutral Newbie
hi tb:)

sidetrack and ot abit.... were you by anyway at amk central on saturday morning? i saw a car very similar to yours... hehehe

That was my bro driving that morning. I was still snoozing at home [laugh]

↡ Advertisement